“Sure I will comeback!!”

Marina Inn and Suites
Ranked #187 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Very nice hotel near all turistic places and with a good rate, the reception was very friendly and they provide alla necesary to get a good stay so sure when i come to San Diego i will come back to marina inn!!

• Stayed: May 2014

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Me and my husband spent there 2 nights. Location is excellent – walking distance to USS Midway, Little Italy, even Gaslamp District. Rooms are nice, free fridge, free parking. The only negative is no hairdryer. Each day I had to go or sent my husband to reception to borrow hairdryer. But beside this no major negatives. Really nice hotel for decent money. We definitely recommend.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Agusia01
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a weekend. The person who checked us in was alright but asked us to pay deposit even though we payed with our major credit card. (Maybe because we looked young) and looked at me and my fiance and asked her like "one room?"(Shocked)
Yes that's what we had reserved for.

Few problems:

There was no chair in the room. Fridge didn't work. AC vents kept falling down so we had to put toilet paper in the corner to keep them up. Toilet seat was broken, when we told them he was like "oh we did our inspection today and we know" well if you knew then why did you give us this room?

Parking is limited.

Few good things: close to downtown, little Italy and many bars and restaurants.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Akshay P
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I booked and paid for this on line via expedia. It was a reasonable price. When we arrived we were asked for a $50 room deposit. What I had not realised when booking was that the motel is on a busy corner with the trains running along behind it. The room was dingy and moderately clean. The shower base was stained and the bathroom was tiny, so small in fact that even though they had hung the smallest size door in the bathroom, they had cut a wedge out of the edge of the door so it would clear the toilet seat when it closed. When we awoke the next morning there was a police car in the parking lot with its lights flashing. Although I had booked for 2 nights this was not an establishment I felt safe or comfortable in. When I went to inform the man at the desk that we wished to cancel the 2nd night he said that because I had booked through expedia there was nothing he could do. I found that strange as I'm sure that expedia function as a broker and pay the hotel therefore it is up to the hotel to agree to a refund or not. He would not budge so we left and hence one of the very few negative reviews I have written over the year. Expedia are investigating.

Room Tip: There are no quiet rooms and no elevators so if you get an upstairs room you need to carry your case...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Marina Inn is in Little Italy and close to many restaurants and near the bay. Service is alright, not helpful with tours or transport. Breakfast is alright. The rooms are outdated and moderately clean but the ceilings are thin.

Room Tip: Try getting on the second floor to avoid noise from above.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 April 2014

My wife and I had a bit of a disaster in a booking and were left in a lurch. We managed a two night booking at the Motel. The room was appointed with minimum fittings and two queen beds, no tea or coffee but they provided breakfast. Might I add the staff were helpful, and curteous. The bathrooms have had a makeover but they are spray tiles and chips etc were evident. Honestly for the price we were happy, we had a good sleep, it was walking distance to little Italy and also other key tourist items we wanted to see. It allowed us to make arrangements to catch up with our friends where our prior booking fell short. If you are left short this place will accomodate you.

Room Tip: Its a budget motel with a reasonable breakfast.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Nothing big about this place, it's small, cozy,and has a very fast check in process. Very close to the airport. Cabs arrive here fairly quickly and the cost is very cheap for the transportation. I would gladly recommend this to anyone

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business