Marina Inn and Suites
Paradise Point Resort & Spa(San Diego)
US$240
US$191
  • Pool
Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$337
US$330
  • Pool
Blue Sea Beach Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$250
  • Room Service
US$262
US$179
  • Breakfast included
Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$206
US$191
US$795
US$674
Bahia Resort Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$213
US$180
Travelocity
Omni San Diego Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$350
US$326
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfront deskpacific highwayroom was cleantrain trackstwo blocksclose to the airportstar of indiaconvenient locationwithin walking distanceuss midwaygaslamp districtbalboa parkfree breakfastenjoyed my staycoronado islandtrolleyconvenience
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 July 2014

It is always a nice and a comfy place to go stay in SD, the staff is GREAT!! Always very pleasant and willing to help with your needs and interests..i wish could have stay one day longer! But I will definetely recommend it and I will comeback on my next trip to SD!! Thanks!

• Stayed: July 2014
GuestRelationsDept, Public Relations Manager at Marina Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

It was so nice to see you again and thank you so much for taking the time to acknowledge us on TripAdvisor!

Our staff really appreciate the compliment as they work so hard to provide the best customer service around. We love trying to cater to our every guest need and we love repeat guests.
We can’t wait to see you again, maybe next time you can pick up some free zoo tickets at the front desk or bring some family and friends to enjoy our many amenities!

Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Definitely value for money. Our flight was delayed from Honolulu so we didn't arrive at the motel till midnight. The staff at the front desk were really friendly and helped with directions to late night cafes and restaurants. This hotel is so close to the airport with free parking I would definitely recommend it for a 1 or 2 night stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest.

Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to write such a positive review. We love knowing our guests had a pleasant stay with us.

Thank you for mentioning how wonderful out staff is. I personally think they are the best around! Great customer service is a standard at all of our hotels.

Thank you also for mentioning how wonderful our locations is. We are located near so many convenient traveling systems such as the airport, the harbor, the trolley station and the bus systems that getting anywhere is in San Diego is so easy!

Our location right next to Little Italy also provides excellent food at all hours of the day with virtually any type of food you may wish to eat!

Again, thank you for taking the time. Your opinion is always valued.

Katelyn Bishop

Reviewed 7 July 2014

LISTEN AND LISTEN GOOD. There are only two kinds of people who stay at the Marina Inn and Suites: those who don't know any better and those who've been tricked by sites like Travelocity. I fell in the latter category.

This past Fourth of July weekend, my husband and I booked a two-night stay at a hotel through Travelocity's mystery deals for our San Diego trip. The way this feature works is that you book first, then find out where you're going. And we poor, unfortunate souls ended up being sent to the Marina Inn and Suites. Once the name was revealed, we quickly did research and realized that there were many negative remarks from consumers. Since our payment of $356.68 was non-refundable, our trip was sealed.

Even though we were uncomfortable with the place upon arrival, we tried to make the best of it until we encountered a ROACH making a journey across the carpet! I have the pictures to prove it! We wanted to leave immediately. We were beyond disgusted because we know where there's one roach, there are many. And roaches say a lot about a place. In our many travels, we have never paid money to share a room with such vile creatures. We reported the roach incident to the front desk and they came to spray Boric acid in the room because we wanted to have peace of mind. Now, whatever was in that bottle looked more like soap and water!!!

The only good thing about staying at this MOTEL was knowing that our day was packed with activities and we didn't have to stay in it for long. This place is nothing but false advertisement. Their pictures are a lie from He**. It's nothing like an Inn or a Suite. I know some Yelpers claim, "you get what you paid for" but I expect better even if I only handed over a dollar. I won't bore you with more negative details but in a nutshell, the place is a dump. It's dirty and old. I took a shower with sandals on and never let my feet touch the carpet. You can visibly see the smear of dirt on the curtains. And the room did not come with an iron nor an ironing board. Yeh, yeh, yeh, parking is free but it's so limited. And yes, your pets stay for $20 a night and the location is somewhat prime, but it's not worth your dime nor your time.

Upon check out, we had to take the time to shake down our clothes and belongings to make sure we weren't taking any uninvited guests back home with us. Though we did some cool activities while in San Diego, the roach incident is unforgettable. Moving forward, I will not use Travelocity for future travels cause I can't believe they sent us there! Surely they do their research! Talk about their slogan, "go and smell the roses." It was more like, "go and smell the roaches."

My husband and I are by no means hotel snobs, but after this experience we won't stay anywhere unless it's four-stars and up. We will pay the extra buck or two to have a clean, comfortable stay.

--------------------------------------------------­-------------
NOTE: This message is for any response from Marina's personnel. Unless you intend to make this right, do not attempt to write a reply. From reading responses to other posts, I find them empty and tiresome.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MK B

Dear Valued Guest,

First of all I would like to take this moment to thank you for writing your review. We appreciate any and all opportunity for growth within our company and hospitality service.

I would like to also take this time to address some of your concerns. As an extra precaution for our guests we pay $400.00 a month for a pest control service who comes twice a month. We call it our preventative services to ensure that we do not nor will we ever have bug problems at our location. However, it is summer and small insects seek cool places too. My concern is that, though you claim to have pictures you never showed us. Despite all this we tried our best to help ease your mind, which included getting a hold of our pest control vendor and asking for a bottle of Boric Acid to be sprayed immediately into your room.

If you further had an issue with the way we tried to help you and with the product we used, why did you then not ask to switch rooms? When we provided a welcome call, as we do all of our guests, there was no mention of dirty curtains, no mention of a desire to change rooms, or any other comments that even gave us a hint that you were unhappy about your stay.

I want to thank you for mentioning positives about our hotel, such as our $20 pet policy and our location. We too think San Diego is a wonderful and convenient place to vacation with so many great attractions nearby by like Seawolrd, The San Diego Zoo, and The Star of India.

Lastly, I am also a little upset about your “NOTE” regarding our reviews. It is my duty as Public Relations Manager to respond to every, single, review written about the hotels that I work for. I personally take the time to read each review and respond to the compliments and concerns addressed. I find that your comment that you find my responses “empty and tiresome” upsetting because, just like the Marina Inn and Suites, I do everything I can to make guests happy before and after they stay.

Again, I thank you for taking the time to voice your opinion.

Regards,

Reviewed 1 July 2014

The location is excellent. Near the marina, two blocks from Little Italy and walking distance to the Gaslamp District. Free parking is a bonus! Older property but is very well maintained. I stayed on the 2nd story and the floor did creak so I don't know if the people staying below were disturbed or not. Refrigerators are only in some rooms so be sure to specify you need/want this when making your reservations. Staff was very accommodating. Reminds me of a sqeaky clean Super 8.

Room Tip: If you want a refrigerator in your room request this when making your reservation.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

We really appreciate the time you took out of your day to write this review.

Thank you for mentioning our great location. We are located in the heart of Downtown which has access to so many wonderful things. If you bring your kids they would love Sea World or the San Diego Zoo. If you are traveling by yourself we have so many wonderful restaurants near by, or if you are traveling with a group of friends there are so many bars and clubs to enjoy at our Gaslamp district.

We really appreciate your stay with us and your review. We look forward to hopefully seeing you soon.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Wonderful and relaxing place to get away for a few days. Staff was great, again. Room is comfortable, clean and surprisingly low noise level. Not much of a view to the back but the front window view is OK. Easy to get to waterfront & Little Italy. Price was very reasonable for being so close to the bay.

Room Tip: Parking is limited.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
GuestRelationsDept, Public Relations Manager at Marina Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear AS,

First, we would like to thank you for taking time out of your day to come to Trip Advisor and write a review about our Marina Inn and Suites location. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay so much and appreciate that you recognize the hard work, effort and wonderful customer service that is provided by our staff.
We pride ourselves on providing the best care possible and providing our guests with everything they need to make their stay as easy as possible. Thank you so much for commenting on our location, we too feel that our beautiful area near the bay with easy access to exciting sites like Little Italy is a key factor in providing the best stay possible.
How nice is it get up, eat our complementary breakfast, spend the day at Sea World a short drive away, and then return to the hotel for maybe another dip in the pool or just to relax in our clean and quite rooms? Again, thank you so much for your review of our hotel, we always enjoy hearing about our guests experiences.