All reviews front desk pacific highway room was clean two blocks close to the airport convenient location trolley station train noise uss midway within walking distance gaslamp district balboa park free breakfast convenience proximity
Reviewed 27 November 2017

Our flight got in super early and when I called Anthony said we could leave our bags and check in around 1 or so. Well when we arrived he was able to get us into a room right away. I was so relieved. We had been traveling and I just had an operation so I wasn't feeling the greatest. He made our trip, he was extremely kind and overly generous. He is very knowledge able of the area and what there is to do, I wish we had more time there! We only stayed over night until our flight in the morning but it was an experience we will never forget! When we return we will definitely stay here again. Thank you so much for your kindness.- Kayla & Neil

Room Tip: Room 215 was perfect, right tin the middle of a great view of the sunset along the water.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at Marina Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2017

Dear Kayla and Neil,
At Marina Inn & Suites, our goal is to impress all our guests! We are so pleased that Anthony was able to accommodate your early arrival and made you feel welcome throughout your stay. We'll certainly pass your kind words along to him. It is such an honor to have delivered you such a memorable experience and we hope to welcome you both back for a future stay.

Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

I stayed here when I traveled to San Diego for a wedding and can’t say enough great things about it. The price was very reasonable, the rooms are very spacious with great views and the staff was great. There are a lot of great restaurants within walking distance which is also a plus. Great overall value.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at Marina Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2017

Dear Steph,
It's wonderful to receive your excellent review of Marina Inn & Suites! Our team is proud to know how much you enjoyed our spacious accommodations, lovely views, and attentive service. We're also delighted that our proximity to restaurants was convenient. Many thanks for your warm praise. It was a pleasure to provide you with great value, and we'd be honored to host you again.

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed at Marina Inn for 6 nights. The room was nice and clean and we even had a coffee maker in our room. Staff was friendly and the motel is close to downtown and to the harbor of San Diego where you can easily take ferrys to go somewhere. Staff was very friendly
Unfortunately it is very loud. Not only because of the street but also because there is a huge construction going on right next to Marina Inn, which means the night is over at 6.30 a.m.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at Marina Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Dear Carmen,
We've enjoyed having you as a guest over the past week and it's wonderful to hear you enjoyed your clean room, our friendly staff, and our excellent location. We do apologize for any outside noise that cut your morning sleep short; we provide the Serenity Amenity Earplugs for our guest's sleeping comfort. Thank you for being our guest at the Marina Inn & Suites and we hope you will book with us again soon when in San Diego.

Reviewed 24 September 2017

Room was very hot upon arrival. Property manager said the AC was off so we should give it a couple of hours to cool down. Mini fridge was not working and smelled very moldy. The kids room in the family suite felt more like a closet. Since the room was so hot, we decided to go out for a couple of hours to let the room cool down. When we came back the room was still like a sauna so clearly the AC was not working. We reported this to Victor at the front desk who came to check and confirmed that AC was broken. He said they couldn't fix the unit so they will have to relocate us. Told us to give him 5-10 minutes and he will let us know where they will move us. After about an hour he came back to say they can move us to different hotel in a different area. We weren't happy about the area of the other hotel but was okay to go there as we didn't seem to have any other options. He told us to start putting our luggage in the car and he will finalize everything. We put our luggage in the car and got everyone (my two elderly parents and my 10 year old) in the car but no sign of Victor. So we finally went back to the front desk when he told us there was a problem and he didn't have approval for the rooms he had for us. This led to another two hours back and forth between his manager and other hotels while my parents and my daughter were waiting in the car. Finally he told us we had to take a single room in a hotel away from the area or they could offer a refund for our stay. Since it was late and I didn't have time to look for other hotels myself, we decided to take the the single room (even though we had booked a family suite at this location) to a hotel which was going to be much further from the location we wanted. Victor gave us the address to a Holiday Inn Express and told us while we drive there he will take care of all the paperwork so by the time we get there everything will be ready for our check-in. We drove to the Holiday Inn, unloaded our bags from the car and got the whole family out of the car. Once we got to the front desk and told them we were sent from Marina, they had no idea what we were talking about. The gentleman at the Holiday Inn was very friendly and helpful and called Marina to find out what was happening and after a few back and forth we figured out that Victor had give us the address for the wrong Holiday Inn and was told we would have to drive to the other Holiday Inn another 15 minutes away. At this point it was around 9 pm at night, we were all exhausted from all the wait, had missed our dinner reservation and didn't have dinner yet so we called Victor back to say we are going to take a refund and check in at the hotel we were at instead even though it was going to cost us more than what we had paid at the Marina. Victor assured us that it would be no problem and we can just call back the property manager Lesley who will take care of the refund. Long story short, it has now been more than 3 weeks and after several attempts to call Marina there has been no response. The first time I was able to speak with Lesley, she told us it is Jolio who will be processing the refund and every time we tried to speak with him he would say, he would call back and would not. We were finally able to get to Julio through booking.com rep and all we have been able to get back so far is a refund for one of the two nights they had charged us. I will of course pursue every possible means to make sure I get my money back and will be sure to file complaints about this property and its staff everywhere possible but thought I would share this story so that anyone else considering this property know what type of a business they would be dealing with. They ruined our two day stay in beautiful San Diego and have cost me a lot of time and headache even after getting back home. This property might seem a good value due to location but save yourself a lot of headache and look elsewhere. There is absolutely nothing good about this property other than location and the staff are incompetent and a bunch of cons. There are much better properties in the area for only a little more money.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank vidaakramy
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at Marina Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

Thank you for notifying us of your experience. We are very sorry that the maintenance issue with the AC and some errors in service caused you so much discomfort and difficulty during your trip to San Diego. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us directly if you feel that your reservation has not been settled satisfactorily. We ask that you please consider us for another visit so that we can work to make it up to you for our shortcomings during your last stay!

Reviewed 16 September 2017

My friend and I stayed here one night in early August. While the staff was friendly, the rooms are a little run down and less nice than pictured. Also, both my friend and I received bed bug bites during our stay.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at Marina Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Dear Allison,
We appreciate your review summarizing your recent stay at our hotel. While it's great to know you enjoyed our friendly staff, it's very concerning to hear you encountered bug bites during your stay as this is not typical feedback that we receive. We understand your concern and you will be happy to know that our team performs regular, procedural maintenance to keep our property clean and free from unwelcome pests. Please let us make it up to you with another visit that is up to your standard. We hope to serve you again!