Marina Inn and Suites
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$735
US$602
Marriott Hotels
US$123
US$109
  • Breakfast included
Blue Sea Beach Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$243
US$236
  • Pool
Hilton San Diego Bayfront(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$367
US$325
Hilton.com
US$849
US$619
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$256
US$226
  • Restaurant
Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$506
US$474
  • Pool
The Sofia Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$685
US$665
US$276
US$220
US$320
US$204
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
All reviewsfront deskpacific highwayroom was cleantrain trackstwo blocksclose to the airportstar of indiaconvenient locationwithin walking distanceuss midwaygaslamp districtbalboa parkfree breakfastenjoyed my staycoronado islandtrolleyconvenience
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 September 2010

I called and asked for room rates for Sat Sept 4 and Sun Sept 5. "John" told me 112.00 for the first night and $59.00 for the second night. When I arrived at the property he again stated the above. Sun morning I found out he charge my credit card $285.00 and his explanation was a fast talking " I am giving you the average of the rates" I said John , the numbers still don't add up! When I stated I was checking out and leaving immediately, he charge me for ONE NIGHT at $201.00!!!

Vicky the Manager NEVER called me back!! Stay away from this HOTEL!! My Visa card is disputing the charges!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
LaurenPaul, Guest Relations Manager at Marina Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2010

We are sorry to hear you felt disappointed with your check-in process. Please note that your rates were accurate for both nights and that the rates averaged out verbally. Your stay was a last minute booking on a holiday weekend, with only a few rooms open. The rates were very high for that night based on limited availability. Rates are always posted on our website and can be checked there anytime. Your hotel in specific involved a first night rate of $169.95 for Saturday and $59.95 for Sunday, in addition there was a $20.00 pet fee per night. Since you choose to checkout after just one night, the rate had to be charged as a single night rate, therefore the rates could not be averaged. Rates can be averaged for a length of stay verbally and quoted as the average rate. Your reservation should have been subject to a late checkout fee due to our cancellation policy; however, the hotel did let you checkout after only one night without penalty. If you have further questions regarding your charges, please feel free to contact our guest services office at 619-293-3349. Please note that the general manager is very busy and typically the guest relations office can handle these calls at a much quicker rate. Again, we do apologize that you have not been contacted and please feel free to contact our guest relations department and we would be happy to send you an itemized receipt if you don't already have one.

Reviewed 2 September 2010

I really enjoyed my stay at the Marina Inn&Suites of San Diego, CA. I had a beautiful view of the Marina especially for the price compared to other motels in the area. Also the room was very clean and I had a micro/frig, a large t.v., and a nice continental breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 August 2010

As many have said, this is a small, older hotel, but maintained nicely. We were greeted by Andrew who was very friendly with a welcoming sense of humor. He was very good about answering our questions and making sure we got everything that we needed.

We were given room 207 which was tucked in the back hallway on the second floor. I've had the "tucked away" room in other hotels and have found that they do not always represent what other rooms are like, they are more like an afterthought or an attempt to get one more unit out of a former storage room. This room was decidely better than that.

Room 207 is a King bed, "smoking" room. I say "smoking" in parentheses, because it is actually labled as a non-smoking room and had no ashtrays when we checked in. When we questioned it, we were told that it really was a smoking room and we were given ashtrays. I've had that happen a lot at other hotels so I mention it as a caveat to travelers who insist on a completely non-smoking room.

The room was smallish, but very clean and appointed with a sizeable TV, end tables and a table and two chairs. The view was of the wall of the property next door, but I think that was a benefit to reduce the noise of the nearby train tracks. We are not really all that sensitive to noise and found no problem with the train or airport noise.

Parking is kind of limited so I wouldn't want to check in too late on a busy weekend. The hotel will suggest off-site parking, but I think it's safer to park at the hotel.

The only thing that I questioned was a little note in the bathroom that advised guests to use the red washcloth to remove makeup "to avoid additional charges". Apparently they are concerned about stained white wash cloths. I've never seen anything like this in any hotel and thought it was kind of strange. I use white wash cloths at home and find that any detergent works well to remove makeup stains on towels. The motel also assesses a $50 security charge which they refund when you check out. Not sure what that's for - perhaps it has something to do with the notice in the room advising that customers will be charged for anything that turns up missing. The notice actually lists the prices for what they will charge. I initially thought that was a little odd and sort of unfriendly, but I guess it can be a major problem if you're running a little motel. No harm, no foul really.

The location is really the best asset of this property. It's an easy walk to the restaurants and attractions of Little Italy and also the Trolley station. If you are staying over the weekend, do not miss the Saturday farmers market on Date Street in Littly Italy. Amazing!

Overall, we had a very good stay and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2010

This hotel is a very basic, inexpensive hotel so I was not expecting a lot. It is a good place to stay if you need to crash for a few days without the frills.

Pros: The bed was comfy and the pillows were fluffy, staff was very friendly and helpful, it was within walking distance to the train as well as other places (gaslamp, midway, conference center), room was clean, free wireless

Cons: Breakfast was very basic (oatmeal, coffee, boxes of cereal, hardboiled eggs, juice/milk), it was near a busy and loud (during the day) intersection, it was close enough to the airport to hear the planes coming and going.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 August 2010

On aug. 11 they lost our reservation and they send us on Vagabond inn on circle street
at 300 ft. of the freeway 8 . in a room of the 80's dirty and noisy its a shame.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo