“Loud music acceptable till midnight.”

Town and Country San Diego
Ranked #197 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
“Loud music acceptable till midnight.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

Busy day of cheer with the AYC regional competition and can't sleep because the restaurant right outside our room is having a party! It's Sunday people, I have children. Front desk says will be over at midnight!
Rooms could use some updating. Exhaust fan doesn't work. Wall paper is peeling up. Toilets are small. Light comes in through the door. Grounds are beautiful with the roses and various plants.

1 Thank Chrystal B
barbaraw387, Sales & Mktg. Coordinator at Town and Country San Diego, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
We are so very sorry that the holiday party being held at the restaurant on property disturbed you prior to your cheer competition. We did have other rooms in the hotel available so I'm not sure why you were booked so close when we did know a holiday party was being held there from 8-midnight. Our apologies. I do hope you all did well in your competition and we did enjoy having all of you with us for your function. The broken exhaust fan has been reported to maintenance. Thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (724)
  • Polish first
Napier, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

We were at the Natural Olympia Body Building 2013. The complex is very large with many tidy garden areas as well as other amenities that made it pleasant to walk around. A bit confusing getting used to where everything is. Room was clean and functional but a little too small. It could do with more in room facilities such as electric jug, not just a coffee maker. A small microwave would also be good.
Restaurant's just okay, breakfast buffet was good,

Room Tip: Go for a high rise for the quietness.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you so much for staying with us. It was great to see so many tanned and fit people walking around our property. I do hope you did well in the competition. I understand an area was set aside for your group where you could store and cook your food. We appreciate your taking the time to post your review and have shared your comments with management.
Phoenix
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

If this is a resort Hotel, You are better off staying at a motel 6. The rooms are outdated and decorated with old decor. I have had to kill two bugs in the bathroom on my first day( I have recorded it on my phone) I am here with my daughter cheer group and we will be recommending we never come back to this location in the future. The food and beverage manager should resign as he has no clue on how to take care of customers( brent I think his name was)

Room Tip: Choose a better hotel
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Marcus M
We are so very sorry your stay was not a good one for your daughter's cheer competition. We would love the opportunity to change your mind and would welcome a call to our Executive Assistant Manager, Susana, to see if this could be arranged. Our apologies.
Honolulu, Hawaii
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

Stayed here for an educational conference in November. Had previously stayed back in the Spring for conference planning. Back in the Spring had a nice king bedded 4 post bed in the tower. When I came back this Fall, I was told I was in the 2 level building and only had double beds (no king) available even though I was one of the first to check in for the week and was part of the conference planning committee (had even mentioned that in the reservation). I had even paid extra on the conference website for a tower room! Went to the room and had to climb a flight of stairs with 2 maxed out check-in bags (no elevators) Got to the room 3776 and really felt like I got the bait and switch. Couldn't switch right away as I had back to back meetings that I couldn't miss. Room was small compared to the Spring and the bathroom ceilings are like 7 feet tall. Felt like I was in a Laura Ingalls dollhouse with decor to match. I had a corner room but next to the housekeeping closet. They went in at all hours especially after 8pm. Quite noisy even though I left the do not disturb sign out. I also was above what seemed to be the employee office punch in area. I think they all gathered around to smoke as I kept smelling it up in my room and when I went out, it looked like employees milling around and smoking. Internet kicked me out 2 out of the three days I bought it so complained and they refunded the fee (however it was a work trip so internet needed to work). Housekeeping wouldn't replace the toiletries on a daily basis even though it was clear I was using up the shampoo every day; had to ask when I saw one of the carts later. Had to leave a note to have the batteries replaced in the TV as it didn't work (at least they did that promptly). Didn't have breakfast as I heard from colleagues it was pricey so made a stop on my daily run to the AM/PM about 10 minutes away for take home breakfast. Didn't want to spend the $5 a day for the gym (that seemed to be the mantra as I saw many colleagues running every morning). Wifi cost $8 day but didn't work for two of the days. On the day I departed I needed to catch an early shuttle and requested a 4am wake up call. Never rang so thank goodness for iphone and ipad alarms. When I did depart the lobby was closed and you had to ring to get in. Had to wait 10 minutes before someone let me in. Colleague had a car and she had to pay for parking. Only thing this hotel had going for it was the proximity to the mall and trolley. But guess what, the Marriott across the freeway that I thought was not foot accessible has an underpass (other colleagues stayed there) so I will be definitely staying at the Marriott next time. Maybe if the T&C would have honored my reservation of being in the Tower it would have made my stay better but it was a big time fail this time.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a Tower room if you want the experience of being in a hotel rather than a motel
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
barbaraw387, Sales & Mktg. Coordinator at Town and Country San Diego, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Thank you for coming back for a second visit, I do apologize that you were not as happy this time around with your accommodations. Please know that bellmen are available to assist with luggage at any time, or for transportation around the property. I also checked on the smoking you mentioned and was told that your room was close to the laundry room and guests tend to congregate at times outside the room and smoke. I will see whether a "no smoking" sign in this area may be needed. Our employee smoke areas are located away from the the guestrooms and out of sight from guests. I would also like to apologize for the missed wake up call. We have no way of checking this through our system after the guest has checked out, but I'm glad you were able to still catch your early shuttle. I wish we could have another opportunity to change your mind and we appreciate your feedback.
Sacramento, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

Decor is straight from the Reagan era in style and age. Place is clean, food is uninspired (heavy on fried choices). Layout is bizarre - I was here for a conference with several breakout sessions- a nightmare of wondering around the grounds trying to find the right building and then the right room. Poorly signed grounds, so frequently got lost or hit dead ends. The grounds are a weird combination of lovely flowers juxtaposed with ugly concrete roads and towers that look like prison buildings. Clearly a place where the buildings were erected over the last several decades with no plan or thought to a cohesive look or feel. Rooms were clean, mattress was firm and comfortable. Staff are very nice and helpful.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
We have various choices of room décor and some may be reminiscent of the 80’s – perhaps another room would be more to your preference. We also have 4 different restaurants on property with a variety of food options. Trellises Garden Grille has numerous healthy choice options and salads are served in all our restaurants. I regret that you found it hard to find your meeting rooms, we do have signage around property, numerous “nice and friendly” employees willing to assist you and property maps are available at check in. Thank you for taking the time to write your review.
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

I was there for a conference and it was OK, nothing spectacular but no serious problems either. I stayed in the Regency Tower, which is one of the two larger buildings. Room was clean and quiet - a big plus. Some of my friends who stayed in the smaller "cottages" said they seemed a little bit dated, and being closer to the highway, much noisier. The grounds are attractively planted and there are several outdoor swimming pools - unfortunately, given the time of year (November), it would have been nice if the T&C had one indoor pool. The desk in my room was small, and I didn't appreciate having to pay an extra $8/day for wifi, especially since the T&C is not inexpensive to begin with. The conference facilities are good, but the meeting rooms are some distance away from each other, which is inconvenient if you're at a larger meeting that requires multiple rooms. I found the food at the T&C's restaurants overpriced and barely passable, except for the breakfast buffet which was OK. Fashion Valley mall, adjacent to the T&C, has some typical fast-food places that are at least as good as the food in the T&C's restaurants. The San Diego trolley stops just behind the hotel and it's a quick ride downtown (but the trains stop running before midnight!),

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your review of our hotel and for staying with us for your conference. We appreciate your taking the time to update us, and others, with your feedback. Please know that all our reviews are shared with management to better our product and service for our guests.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed at Town and Country for a conference. The room rate was double what it was worth. They charged 8$/day for wifi. The breakfast buffet cost $11 and would have been free anywhere else. The staff was pleasant, but all services were outdated and over priced. They did not provide shuttle services or any other courtesies. An overall outdated hotel and business. And the maintenance worker ignored the do not disturb note every single day of my week long stay.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
We are so very sorry that you felt our hotel was not cost effective. We do offer bundle packages, which include breakfast and WiFi that may have been beneficial for you. I regret that you were not told of this offer. Our apologies to you for the fact that you were disturbed by maintenance. This will be addressed immediately and we offer our sincere apologies to you.