Nicest staff ever, but worst sleeping experience ever. Many of our conference participants all had cold, clammy, i.e., wet sheets. We think they do not have A/C but, swamp coolers. One room was so moldy and musty I had an asthma attack and had to move the next day to a newer carpeted/drier room. When you approach the towers on foot, you can smell the mold. We all froze with the cold and clammy sheets. Misery.
Stay at your own risk. Try the cottages near the pools and gardens and avoid that old tower.
The staff told me the property has not been modernized in ages due to stodgy previous owners. It was sold 2 months ago and all the cute cottages and bungalows will be ripped down for a water park. A bummer since the garden-like atmosphere is lush and relaxing, romantic and mood-lifting. It could be such a cute, kitch mid-century type place if they would only work it. Oh well, times are a changing.
Women in our conference felt unsafe walking alone at night due to all the vegetation. You can call the bellhop and he'll pick you up for free in the golf cart. The rear of the property abuts a creek and shopping center. So, not secure at all. Hope they work on security with the new ownership.
The conference center is useful but so dated looking. Even had the groovy 1970s orange light up lettering at night. Whoa.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Mission Valley and the heart of San Diego. Convenient, central location provides easy access to all of the city's sites & attractions. 6 miles from Lindbergh Field and ten minutes from Old Town, Zoo, Balboa Park, SeaWorld, the bays & beaches. On property you will find expansive grounds in addition to a fitness center, 3 pools, and 3 restaurants. Adjacent to a trolley stop, Fashion Valley Shopping & golf. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Town and Country San Diego reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Town And Country Hotel San Diego
- Hotel Town And Country
- Town Country Resort San Diego