Town and Country San Diego
US$115
US$99
  • Breakfast included
La Quinta Inn & Suites San Diego Mission Bay(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$512
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Blue Sea Beach Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$242
US$236
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$267
US$198
  • Pool
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$264
US$226
US$276
US$220
US$320
US$206
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
The Sofia Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$320
US$310
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
The Dana on Mission Bay(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$212
US$126
3,752 results
All reviewsterrace cafethe fashion valley malltrolley stationbit datedold townsea worldpoolspaticharliesfreewaycaliforniasdzoo
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 June 2009

Very helpful staff, despite a snafu with a cancelled corporate credit card. Good food and a great waitress at the on-site steakhouse (ask for Melody and be prepared to be sassed, in the friendliest way possible). Spacious grounds with an Old World vibe and beautiful greenery, plus swimming pools to take full advantage of the San Diego weather. I wish I'd had a couple of extra days for leisure stay, but this trip was all about a technical conference.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 May 2009

I came to Town and Country as a presenter to a conference. My first impression of the hotel is that it is somewhat schizophrenic, with some of the rooms looking out onto lush, plantation-style gardens (I thought I was back in the 19th century), and some of the rooms in a high tower structure. The gardens are nice and well kept up, and there are lots of singing birds. There is no way in the room I stayed in, however, to actually open the curtains and enjoy the view. I'm sure that is for privacy reasons and to avoid giving people outside a show, but I would have liked to have been trusted to do the right thing. Seems like a wasted garden.

As I mentioned, the decor is, to be charitable, somewhat retro. This, I'm sure, appeals to people who like that sort of thing, but it just seemed quaint and antiquated to me. Frankly, it felt Victorian to the point where I was expecting some woman in a southern-style dress to pop out of the gazebo, say "Ah do declare", and disappear into the mist. That didn't happen, but you never know.

Now, all that said, this does not mean I dislike the hotel, far from it. I liked the birds in the morning (and the garden certainly attracts them), the on-site cafe has good food and friendly people (a waitress had such a dazzling smile I tipped her way, way too much), and the value for the price is excellent - with my AAA card I paid a very decent price which included an all-you-can-eat buffet. Contrast that with another San Diego hotel that gave you an omelet (ONE omelet) and some orange juice for $9. This was value.

When I stayed here, it was misty and rainy, and for some reason that actually added to the garden vibe. I think this place is best in a light rain.

The hotel is literally right next to a freeway. This does detract from the tranquility a little bit, but I guess you cant have it all, and perhaps that helps keep the prices down.

Would I recommend this hotel? Certainly. But not to everyone. But if you like Victorian decor, appreciate a good value and friendly people, you won't go wrong here.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank duskglow
Reviewed 29 May 2009

We went down to San Diego recently to visit our children. Our daughter picked the hotel for us, and it COULDN'T HAVE BEEN BETTER! We loved the gourgeous landscape, beautiful pool and gardens, and staff, expecially Barbara and Terry! All in all it was one of the best stays we've had in the 10 years we've been vacationing in San Diego!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2009

Like most hotels they post pictures they want you to see, however; they forget to mention that they also have a separate building which will exclude you from all their amenities. If we would have know this at the time of check in we would have opted out!, Aside from the 30min check in wait.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank oscaraf70
Reviewed 16 May 2009

Just finished dinner at Kelly's Restaurant at the Town and Country Resort, San Diego, and everything was great. Melody is an awesome server that gave great advice on menu chioces and always seemed to know what I wanted. I ordered Bleu Cheese dressing with my salad and when she brought it she asked if I'd like some Creamy Balsamic Vinnaigrette with it, what a great suggestion. The Prime Rib was awesome, the Veggies were perfectly Al Dente', and the Cole Slaw was to die for. All in all I was amazed that a hotel owned restaurant could be so good. I highly recommend it and Melody too.