1,314 results
All reviews harbor view room an early morning flight shuttle service free shuttle small balcony point loma close to downtown breakfast buffet rental car parking fee front desk staff convenient location the room was nice enjoyed my stay balboa park gaslamp district balconies
Reviewed 1 January 2014

I recently stayed one night at this hotel since I had an early morning flight. The hotel offers a free shuttle to/from the airport. The staff was very friently. I was disappointed that I arrived late and I really didn't have the chance to tour the area. I would have loved to stay longer at this hotel and take a tour of the area. I had ne of the upper floors with a view of the harbor from my balcony but didn't check in until after dark. I did see lights from the boats in the evening and a cruise ship in the harbor in the morning. The room was upscale and clean. The bed was very comfortable and the towels were so thick and fluffy. I didn't eat at the restaurant or try the room service. There didn't seem to be much near the hotel but they did state their is a restaunt down the street. Since you are close to the airport, you do have the noise from the planes.

Room Tip: Request a view of the harbor
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Mac G, Manager at Hilton San Diego Airport/Harbor Island, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2014

Thank you FENTON64 for the great review! We hope your next visit will be longer so you can enjoy our property and new bedding for longer than the one night. We greatly appreciate your quick stay with us and look forward to having you back as our guest in the near future. Thanks again!

Reviewed 29 December 2013

This hotel is great as an Airport option. I wouldn't use it as a base for a long stay in San Diego but as a place to catch a flight it's very nice.

The rooms have amazing view of the city and the grounds are very nice, safe, and clean. The on site dining is very good and the staff there was great. The rooms, bathroom, and balcony were all very clean and quiet and provided a nice room for the night.

The shuttle to the airport was SUPER efficient and got us there within 5 minutes and picked up in the same time.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your valuable review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of our restaurant, Sierra Pacific, and our amenities and services. We have a great, central location on San Diego Bay putting us just a few miles from many attractions. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 29 December 2013

Lovely location, with plenty of amenities. Parking a bit steep at $21 per day, but overall a nice hotel with a great view in all directions. San Diego has the best climate in the country. IF you haven't been to San Diego, La Jolla and the area you should put it on your itinerary.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for staying with us taking the time to review your experience. We enjoyed reading your comments regarding our beautiful location and weather. We look forward toward your next visit.

Reviewed 22 December 2013

We were in awe of the view from our king 1-bedroom suite...2 balconies!! Full view of the harbor, Coronado, North Island, Point Loma, and downtown. We saw a dolphin and a sea lion, plus lots of sea birds. The living area was spacious, with a wet bar, refrigerator, microwave, sofa, expansive desk, and TV. The bedroom was also large with lots of storage; the attached bathroom had a huge walk-in shower and lots of space. The biggest surprise, however, was the 2nd bathroom! It was a standard small hotel bathroom but very functional and a great shower head (much better than the one in the huge stand-alone shower!). The hotel staff were beyond cordial--everyone we met in the halls, at the restaurant, and at the desk demonstrated real warmth, sincerity, and a true welcome. They were in the process of replacing all the mattresses/box springs--and the new ones are great! The breakfast buffet was super, really high quality items and superb service. The croissants were intensely flaky and delicious. Housekeeping here does a really great job, the room was super-clean and fresh. Pool area is really nice, although it is small, it is maintained well. The fitness room had a nice variety of machines and was very clean. The only complaint is with the efficacy of their air conditioning--it did not work well at all. When I brought this to their attention, they sent someone from engineering right away. He did make improvements (and was very nice, friendly, professional) although I think their system needs to be replaced or seriously modernized. Overall this was an excellent property in an amazing location and we were very pleased with our stay. We will definitely return. "Poor" ratings for kids activities and spa are because there are no spa facilities, and I saw no evidence of kids activities beyond the pool.

Room Tip: Pay a bit more and get the harbor view room--but the way the hotel is constructed, there are no bad views!! You will see the marina, marina/harbor, or harbor. King 1-bedroom suites are the way to go if you want more room to spread out and enjoy!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Mac G, Manager at Hilton San Diego Airport/Harbor Island, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2013

Thank you WhyNotLeaveHome for the great review! We are so happy to learn that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay especially our new beds! Thank you again and we look forward toward your next visit.

Reviewed 22 December 2013

Super close to the airport, HUGE, immaculate rooms and common areas, comfy beds, good amenities, extremely friendy staff... Couldn't ask for a better stay. Thanks for the upgrade to a marina view room :) I'll definitely be back!
P.s. I forgot to check the name of here gentleman checking me in on 12.21 around 4pm but he was definitely an asset to your team.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Thank you HeatherF75 for staying with us taking the time to write a wonderful review. We are pleased that you enjoyed all aspects of your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring bring you back to San Diego.