“Stayed here for a wedding”

Hilton San Diego Airport/Harbor Island
Ranked #61 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 5 February 2014

It was very convenient and an overall good stay. It wasn't out of this world but it was easy, clean and adequate. The taxi to downtown was more than I'd wanted to pay but it was convenient to the wedding reception which was my primary goal.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Mac G, Manager at Hilton San Diego Airport/Harbor Island, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience. We appreciate your business and are happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,211)

Reviewed 3 February 2014

We stayed only one evening during a lay over in San Diego. The airport shuttle was convenient; however, the hotel was outdated. When we arrived in our room, there was only lotion and conditioner on the counter (no soap or shampoo). I ran the hot water for 10 minutes and it continued to be luke warm at best. The staff was mediocre (there was a wait to check in, no assistance with baggage offered). We took a cab to the gas lamp district for dinner and it ran about $40 round trip. If you are looking for a quick stay near the airport, this may be adequate, but I would not recommend for vacation purposes.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Mac G, Manager at Hilton San Diego Airport/Harbor Island, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us. We welcome all feedback as a training opportunity whether constructive or positive. We have addressed your concerns with our staff. We do offer a complimentary shuttle service to the Gaslamp District downtown four times a day. During the first quarter of 2013 we finished a multi-million dollar renovation of our guestrooms, lobby, business center and restaurant. We have just completed updating our rooms with new mattresses and bedding.

If you return I am confident that you will experience the level of service you are accustomed to receiving and that we are accustomed to providing. We look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Hotel staff at all levels and disciplines were well trained and courteous. They responded to special requests quickly and accurately whether it was for breakfast or lunch, or room accommodations. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you Jack A for your excellent review. We appreciate your kind remarks and they have been shred with our staff. It was a pleasure serving you and we look forward toward next time. Thanks again!

Reviewed 2 February 2014

It has been a long time since I have stayed at a Hilton due to stiff competition, especially when it comes to bang for the buck. I picked this hotel as my flight into SAN didn't get in until 11:20 on Friday and by the time I debark, retrieve bags and get to public transportation, it will be almost midnight. Most hotel shuttles stop at 11PM; but Hilton runs until midnight. After making reservations on-line and opting for the unbelievable $5 upgrade option (theirs first-then mine second), I spoke to the desk to verify the late hour pick up. Super sharp female receptionist told me to call when I reached the pick up area and not to worry if it was after midnight as they would wait for me. Things did get screwed up at the carousel and my bags were the last off from a full flight. By the time I crossed the overhead to the pickup area it was well past midnight and the van was waiting at the curb! At check in the receptionist gave me a double upgrade to a 9th (top) floor suite. I was initially confused by the zig zag course to get to the elevator when I realized the design of the hotel isolated the elevator cores from the guest rooms, which made for a super quiet room early the next AM when I wanted to sleep in a bit. The room was absolute quality throughout from linens, to amenities, to design, configuration, views and appointments. It has been a long time since I have seen this quality in a large chain hotel. The next morning, breakfast was calling as dinner on the flight was a long time ago. The hostess was charming and very thoroughly explained all of the breakfast options-continental or full Buffett or menu- and she showed me to a great bay view table. I don't care for precooked scrambled eggs & was going to order poached eggs from the menu, even though I would pay a premium to do so. The waitress explained that I could get the full Buffett, same price and the kitchen would poach my eggs. Nice little extra. The Buffett was huge, top quality, many healthy choices, great yogurt, fruit & juice selections as well as numerous hot & cold options. What a pleasant surprise to see such a well done breakfast Buffett. $122 room + $5 upgrade + $27 big breakfast (incl. tip) and $5 tip for the free shuttle for a total $159 for a top quality hotel experience is a GREAT value in my book. I need to mention the incredibly well trained and very friendly staff who are running this operation. It is such a refreshing experience compared to the larger competition on the same island where I have stayed in the past.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Thank you CAPTAINCUISINE for taking the time to write such a raving review of your stay. We are pleased to learn that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay including your interactions with our staff. Your comments have been shared with our staff and they have been recognized. Thank you again and we look forward to serving you again in the near future!

Reviewed 31 January 2014

We stayed for the night due to a layover in the airport. They had the best customer service, amazing views of the bay, and the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in a hotel. I will go back next time I'm in town. I've stayed over 11 nights across the country this month and this is by far the best hotel of all!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you so much for the great compliments! We greatly appreciate your business and are very pleased that you enjoyed our new mattresses and bedding. We look forward to serving you again when your travels bring you back to San Diego.

Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

The Sheraton overbooked and had to put us up at the Hilton for one night. The hilton has a great views and they just got on new box springs and mattresses that are super comfy. all the staff are very friendly . After seeing them just once they remembered who we were. I think I would choose this hotel over the Sheraton next door.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Thank you kortkass for the great review! We are glad you had the opportunity to stay with us and were able to enjoy our location on San Diego Bay. Thank you again!

Reviewed 29 January 2014

Stayed at this great location after visiting family for the holidays. We had a wonderful harbor view with every amenity needed for an after-holiday respite.
The rates were very reasonable and transportation to the airport was available free of charge.
There are a couple of good restaurants nearby, but the hotel also provides service to others not in walking distance.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you joanne j for you exellent rating! We are pleased that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and we cannot wait to welcome you back soon. Thanks again!