The La Quinta in Old Town was fine. We used it as a "base of operations" for exploring San Diego and it worked well. However, it isn't really a destination in and of itself. I'd rate it as a low four or high three star hotel. We would probably stay here again because it was a good value, but we'd look for something a little nicer first.
Here is what we liked:
- Clean & quiet room
- Great location!
- Nice staff.
Here is what would have bumped it up a star or two:
- Fix the broken stuff (broken first floor ice machine, broken hot tub, loose hand railing)
- Better breakfast. We stayed five days and only ONE day did they bring out the good stuff (scrambled eggs, sausage, and yogurt). The rest of the days it was your typical waffles, dry pastries, and orange juice.)
- No parking charges. (Even though it is expected, I always feels a little bummed when I see the $40-$50 bill at the end of my stay for parking.)
In summary, we had a nice clean place to stay while we explored Old Town, Sea World, the beaches, etc... but I wouldn't give this place five stars.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), LaQuinta, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites San Diego Old Town / Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn San Diego Old Town Hotel San Diego
- La Quinta San Diego
- San Diego La Quinta