“Class”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Studio City
“Class”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Stayed 3 weeks and was completely satisfied with every aspect of the hotel, service in all departments was top rate, some small overcharges on parking were corrected without any discussion. restaurant can get a bit noisey but still was entirely satisfactory.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are spacious and have lots of light during the day although street noise can be a probl...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Jared D, Front Office Manager at The US Grant, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
This review I am particularly proud of.... 3 weeks is a long time by anyone's standard so to see that our consistency held true makes me proud to go to work every day. Thank you for your review! Jared, Director of Front Office

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (542)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Berkeley, California
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We stayed two nights at the US Grant and we were very impressed with the service. The check-in service was fast, friendly, and they put us in a very nice room with a very spacious bathroom. Even the housekeepers stood out -- they were super friendly, came around to offer chocolates and extra water. The turndown service was also very appreciated.
The valet parking staff were excellent and they also offered to provide directions and advice on travel. The location of the hotel was awesome -- right in Gaslamp district with walking distance to a lots of restaurants.

Room Tip: Get an American Express SPG card.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
I love it when a good stay comes together! (Shameless A Team plug) Thank you for your amazing review and for being our guest. We look forward to welcoming you back for an even longer stay next time! Jared, Director of Front Office
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Just got back from a two day stay at The US Grant and all I can say is WOW! My experience started prior to my arrival with the fantastic service provided by the Chief Concierge Mark who assisted in setting up a great birthday night for my girlfriend. During our stay, Brooks at the concierge desk was always happy and willing to assist...even remembering who we were as we called or walked through the lobby.

The front desk was always smiling and willing to assist, particularly Boogdan. When we left, the valet and bell desk went above and beyond trying to assist us in securing flowers in the car. I believe his name was (Michael?) even went walking around the hotel trying to find a box to put the flowers in. We didn't even ask! Every which way we turned, the level of service around the hotel was superb. There was only one particular incident when we were sitting in the lobby and an employee asked us if we were staying at the hotel. When we said yes, he rudely asked to see our hotel key as proof (apparently our word wasn't good enough). It definitely turned us off, but we did not let it damper the rest of our stay.

Employees of the US Grant: keep it up! The little things and small details of service that you provide do not go unnoticed.

TripAdvisor readers: stay there. I do not think you would be disappointed.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the glowing review! Although the "wow " factor is technically part of the branding of our sister brand the W hotel, also part of the Starwood family, we like our share of WOWs also! So proud that Mark and the team impressed you during your stay and we hope to welcome you back! Jared, Director of Front Office
Newport Beach, CA
Reviewed 3 July 2014

What a pleasant surprise. The internet photos do not do it justice. Forget the history and the fabulous art, the fantastic location or the fact that everything feels fresh and newly renovated. The service was impeccable and I had just come in and asked a sweet housekeeper where I might find the ice machine, when she informed me that she would be glad to show me where it was but that she had already filled my ice bucket, turned down my bed, put white slippers on a little rug by the side of the bed, and left a few chocolates.

The room itself was beautiful. The bathroom had a gorgeous bowl basin and a large glass enclosed shower. The fluffy robe hanging on the semi-transparent door was a nice touch.

The room itself was beautiful with a canvas art headboard. Everything about the bed was soft and comfortable from mattress, to comforter to pillow. And you know it was clean because everything was white!

There's a generous and well appointed lobby with friendly people more than willing to help you with anything. The valet has your car ready ahead of your dinner plans so you only need to walk out and get in.

I will definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Jared D, Front Office Manager at The US Grant, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
It is indeed Grand here and I appreciate the word play! However, please do not forget about the history and art :o( we are quite proud of that too! Thank you for your amazing review and detailed experience shared with our online friends here at TripAdvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back! Jared, Director of Front Office
Long Beach, California
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Me and my best friend decide that we wanted to have a weekend getaway to San Diego and decided relatively last minute to stay at the US Grant. I doubt I have ever been that impressed with a hotel outside of some of the Vegas properties I have stayed at. The front desk staff accommodated our early check in, the room was SPOTLESS, and we got a BEAUTIFUL room on the end on the 6th floor. The entire hotel was an elegant affair akin to what hotels used to be along the CA Coast. Close to EVERYTHING, gas lamp, the ocean, Horton Plaza, short drive to Balboa Park. Overall on of the best properties in San Diego if not all of Southern California. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!

Room Tip: Room 643 was incredible Duvet Covers can make you a little toasty at night
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Love the enthusiasm in this review; it must be all those trips to Vegas! With that positive attitude I am sure you always come back a winner! With our ownership from Sycuan tribe maybe we should try to get some tables put in downstairs and bring back the speakeasy.... food for thought for our planned enhancements in 2016! Jared, Director of Front Office
Los Angeles
Reviewed 2 July 2014

First stay here this past weekend. Couldn't find street parking or self parking garage (I am not sure about the open ACE parking lot across the civic center). Lots of homeless people were on the street from the parking lot to the hotel, so we opted to spend the $39 valet parking. The valet was very prompt and friendly. Once he knew we were checking in, he asked the door man to assist us. The door man was very nice as well.

At check in, front desk representive was very nice and friendly. I did not like the size of the elevator. Super small. Anyhow, not crazy about the size of the superior room (other members of my family checked into a king superior and two double superior rooms). We received an upgrade to Legacy suite (being a SPG Platinum guest). While spacious, the Legacy suite is more like an oversized room than a suite. The blinds did not filter out the sunlight in the morning. My son complained in the morning, and asked me to shut off the lights. I did like the feel of the carpet in the room, soft and silky. I really prefer a tub rather than a shower.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for the kind review and this kind of reminds me of a review a bit farther down the list from here that talks about differences in styles of hotels. This review is on the other side of that review but it does continue to highlight the point that while we are all here to serve guests and deliver great service; our individual designs definitely create different atmospheres' I appreciate the objective assessment and we wish you all the best in your future travels. Jared, Director of Front Office
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

We went to brunch on Mother's Day unfortunately did not stay the nite. But we will next time. The buffet was amazing!! I have never seen anything like it. The staff was prompt to our needs. The chefs were friendly and suggested everything in a perfect manner. As for the food.. Incredible!! A 2 Thumbs up and a 10 Star rating from our family

• Stayed May 2014
Two thumbs up and a 10 star rating! We need more stars, TripAdvisor! you have outdone social media with your review. We could not be more thankful! Thank you for being our guest and we hope to welcome you back soon. Jared, Director of Front Office