THE US GRANT, a Luxury Collection Hotel, San Diego
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Wyndham Harbour Lights(San Diego)
  • Fitness centre
  • Breakfast included
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
The Sofia Hotel(San Diego)
2,585 results
All reviewsgaslamp districtsignature suitehorton plazabeautiful hotelturn down servicehomeless peoplestreet noisethe gas lamp districtbeautiful lobbyvalet parkingvalet staffbottled waterconcierge deskcorner roombalboa parkconvention centeruss midway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 May 2010

I have stayed at the US Grant a couple of times and each time, the experience was simply enchanting. The moment you walk through the doors, you already feel your stress being checked at the door. The staff is friendly, courteous and professional. The room was spectacular - I have a feeling I will be expecting this kind of accommodation going forward!!!
I highly recommend staying at the US Grant whenever you visit San Diego. It is located centrally so going out and about is not going to be a problem.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 May 2010

Great:
Service, Design/Decor, Beds/Linens, Housekeeping- very clean!, Pet friendly hotel with great pet amenities, top quality Restaurant.

Bummers:
Lack of fitness/spa/pool facilities (this is SoCal, after all), Bathrooms (Small and no tub in my suite!), not the best location downtown (a little rough around the edges), NO FUNCTIONING WINDOWS OR BALCONY- makes room quite stuffy.

Overall, the US Grant is a very comfortable, stylish, updated and luxurious historical property with a few minor downers, depending on what you are looking for in a luxury hotel in San Diego.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 May 2010

The hotel is beautiful and the staff is very courteous and helpful. As a historic hotel, it has a lot of great features and is very well maintained. It has a great lounge area downstairs and has an art gallery with some beautiful works. I would definitely stay there again. It's also in the Gaslamp District in San Diego, which is a great location for restaurants. The only regret I have is that I was traveling for business and did not take my fiance with me. She would have loved it!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 May 2010

During this trip I stayed at the Omni, the HardRock and the US Grant. The omni and HardRock are located next to one another close to the bay and at the entrance to the Gaslamp area. Both were very nice, modern decor, very comfortable. Both had nice pools and fitness centers. Bars and restaurants withing blocks.

US Grant......what a let down. Was the last of the 3 hotels I stayed at. I was looking forward to an awesome place being that it has a 5 star rating, boy was I let down. First of all, it is located deep in the gaslamp a far walk to the bay. The further in from the Bay you travel, the worse the neighborhood becomes and while this place may look fancy, the neighborhood is far from it. So the hotel is 100 years old. The AC is really loud, the furnishings are so so and the fitness center is located in the BASEMENT and is nothing more than a few exercise bikes and a treadmill (far less than what is offered at the above 2 hotels) . There is absolutely no view from the hotel room. Lets just say, if I was 70 years old I might find this hotel nice. It is the complete opposite of a modern hotel such as the OMNI.

I have to say, staying at the US grant was my own fault. I did see the pics online and did look at the map. i am just hoping this review will have others think twice before booking and not just base their choice on the 5 star hotel rating. Trust me, if you are younger, looking to have some fun and like the modern look and feel of a newer hotel, do not book here.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
TheUSgrant, Director of Operations at THE US GRANT, a Luxury Collection Hotel, San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2010

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing THE US GRANT during your recent stay in San Diego. I apologize that the hotel didn’t meet your expectations. The experience provided at THE US GRANT HOTEL, a luxury collection hotel is different than the properties you visited - by design. It is the indigenous characteristic of THE US GRANT that our guests enjoy and appreciate. Our hotel is rich in history, tradition and service and our five star rating is based on the distinctive service levels created by our ambassadors (the talented team that works here) and by our commitment in purchasing the quality furnishings that is expressed in our decor. We remain true to our core values by providing a unique experience – a destination within the destination of San Diego. Like many of the finer things in life, it is truly a personal choice, we take no offence to your comments and wish you many pleasant visits to San Diego in the future.

Tom Scaramellino
Director of Operations

Reviewed 23 April 2010

Both me and my two daughters went on a short trip to San Diego. We stayed at the US Grant hotel. we were right in the middle of SD. we had a wonderful time in that city. We rented a car, so we were able to really see want this wonderful city has to offer a person.
Plenty of resturants and plenty to see and do. We plan to go back, only because there was still more we didn't see on our first visit.
The hotel Staff were very good at giving us tips on places to see and things to do, while in SD.
For the most part we had a very good experince and I do recommend that at least one of your trips need to be to SD.