All reviews pineapple cupcakes gaslamp district pineapple theme free bikes great location mini cupcakes free slippers yellow bikes individual duvets stuffed dog tommy bahama interior room every afternoon comfortable bed the gas lamp district convention center bars and restaurants
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We loved our stay and can't wait to check out the other Pineapple Hotels on our travels. The staff was better than the best! Everyone was over the top friendly ensuring that our stay was perfect. The rooms were clean and we really appreciated the flexibility on their check out time. Complimentary breakfast, internet and in room coffee makers made it perfect for us. 5 Stars all the way!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Mathew A, General Manager at Hotel Z - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Claudia K,

I feel a song coming on..."Be our Best...be our Best...!" Thank you for the better than the best of the best review! We wouldn't have it any other way. It's such a great feeling when we get to welcome you to our hotel and San Diego, tell you about a few places to go, and then have come back and tell us you had a great time. Personally, I'm going to just be a concierge when I retire so I can do this all day. I'd do it for free. Glad you enjoyed our "Breakfast Essentials" and other surprises to elevate your experience. We're a small but mighty hotel brand, "Staypineapple", with 10 hotels in 7 cities: Seattle (4), Portland, San Francisco, here, Chicago, Boston, and now New York! I'm confident you'll have a very Pineapply experience wherever your travels take you at these hotels. Thank you for choosing us and thank you in advance for trying out our other locations!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We really enjoyed our stay at Hotel Z. The location is great for walking around Gas Lamp Quarters. The staff was friendly and also asking if we needed anything. Rooms were clean, cozy, and bed and bedding very comfy.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Hi janssenj143,

Awesome to see you enjoyed your time here and in San Diego! That "Naked Experience" in the bedding is something else, isn't it? There's endless things to do in San Diego so I hope we can welcome you for more adventures this year. Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

You can sense immediately when you walk in that this is a happy hotel, with people that love their job and the company they work with. I say with because every employee to the last person projects that they hsave a vested interest interest in your comfort and happiness during your stay. This was a very unique hotel experience. Pineapple is definitely on to something.

Room tip: Very narrow, Traveling with extensive luggage and this king room is not a good idea.
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

My heart with this review, John H.! My heart!! Exceeding all of your expectations staying with us is just what we consider part of our job but seeing comments about how others notice how much we genuinely enjoy being here and serving you melts my heart. It's definitely not a projection either - true, honest joy in helping you enjoy yourself. It never gets old - I could see those comments 10,000 times. If you want to get another taste of the Staypineapple experience, we have 10 total hotels in 7 cities: Seattle (4), Portland, San Francisco, here, Chicago, Boston, and now New York! Thank you so much for the great review and I hope we have the opportunity to see you again soon!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Hotel Z was great!! San Diego staff was excellent, prices were great and location was perfect! I will definitely use Hotel Z in the future not only in San Diego but other cities as well due to the great customer service and cleanliness of the San Diego location

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We stuck the landing! Thank you for the 10/10! Our Hotel Z is part of the small but mighty Staypineapple brand and I guarantee you'll love our other Pineapply locations too. We have 10 total hotels in 7 cities: Seattle (4), Portland, San Francisco, here, Chicago, Boston, and now New York! I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you again soon and until next time - safe Pineappling!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

From the moment my girlfriend and I walked in we felt at home. The front desk staff Keith and Alan were wonderful and very hospitable. Hotel Z is THE coolest place to stay in SD. The location is near all the bars and the shuttle service is awesome.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

King of the North! King of the North! (Game of Thrones reference?) We are honored for the great review! We only host THE HIPPEST guests so you came to the right spot! Thank you for the shout outs - I'll be sure to let them know. They'll be very excited. Thank you for making the long journey south and we look forward to hopefully hosting you again soon!