In the Style of David Letterman, I will give you the 10 best reasons you should stay at the Best Western Lamplighter Inn and Suites.
10. Parking: The parking spaces are not large, but enough spaces are provided that I was able to park right in front of my door both Saturday and Sunday nights.
9. Location: It was very convenient to the Interstate 8 ( College Exit number 10 South, then West on El Cajon Blvd. ) yet far enough not to listen to the road noise.
8. Television: A large (at least 25") television with about fifty channels to choose from. A channel guide on a laminated card and an easy to use remote control were provided.
7: Furnishings: I stayed in a two queen bed room. The beds, desk, dresser and night stand were in lke new condition. A padded bench added extra seating or a place to open your suitcase. At the back of the room was the lavatory on a full width vanity backed by a full width mirror. At the left of this was a hair dryer and the door to the room with a toilet and bath/shower. The shower had a fabric curtain and there were plenty of towels in a rack above the toilet. Soap and shampoo were provided. The curtains were in perfect shape and consisted of a sheer and a light blocking curtain. You could open the window and let in fresh air through the screen or use the very quiet air conditioner below the window.
6. Pool: The outdoor pool has towels draped over the chairs for your use so you don't have to go to the desk for pool towels. This area is used for the overflow seating during breakfast.
5. Maintenance: One reviewer said that the place looks so good that it looks out of place in the neighborhood. I hadn't thought of it that way but but it is truly outstanding. There is great pride of ownership and the In shows it in the landscaping and condition of the rooms. The doors use cardlocks to enter (as does the breakfast room) and everything worked perfectly during my stay.
4. Price: I think that the price was very fair and the value was outstanding. I think that I saved at least $20.00 on breakfast alone. I used the AAA/Senior rate and paid $175.00 total for two nights, all taxes included.
3. Cleanliness: Because I made my reservation only a week before my stay, only a smoking room was available. I called to confirm my reservation and the desk clerk made sure that an ionizer was put in the room to make it more pleasant for my stay. The room and bath (like the whole property ) was spotless and I did not even notice a smell of smoke in the room. I saw the staff cleaning the rooms and they were removing all the bedding in the rooms for washing, even the comforters. During breakfast, a staff member is always present to keep the food stocked and the tables cleaned.
2. Breakfast: The breakfast room is open from 6 am to 10 am. There are only 12 chairs, but you can use the pool area to eat. You have a lot of choices, and I will try to list them all. Muffins, assorted Danish, apple juice, orange juice, coffee, decaf, hot water for tea or oatmeal, 2% or whole milk, two automatic waffle irons, butter, syrup, three cold cereals, bagels, cream cheese, toast and jam, fresh oranges and apples and boiled eggs. There is a television in the room to catch the local news and weather.
1. Staff: The staff was friendly, helpful and treated me as I were staying at a grand hotel. It is from them that all the other great reasons to stay here have originated. I wondered how this Best Western Inn could be so highly rated in the San Diego area. Now I have stayed here I know that it is the constant attention that the staff gives to you that makes this place so outstanding.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Western Lamplighter Inn & Suites (a AAA 2-diamond hotel) is conveniently located 3/4 miles from San Diego State University, and only 15 minutes from Downtown, the San Diego Zoo and Balboa Park. Many of the rooms include kitchen facilities, making this the ideal place for an extended stay. Amenities include: complimentary expanded continental breakfast, free Wi-Fi and parking, and heated outdoor pool, Children 12 and under stay free. Pet friendly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Lamplighter Inn & Suites at SDSU reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Lamplighter Inn And Suites At Sdsu Hotel San Diego
- Best Western Lamplighter Hotel
- Best Western San Diego
- San Diego Best Western