I stayed at the Best Western Lamplighter for five nights with my wife and two young children while we were in San Diego for a wedding. What a great experience! My wife had wanted to stay at more of a resort hotel, but after comparing prices we decided that the Lamplighter fit the budget. The whole family enjoyed the stay.
The property is very clean and well-kept. The grounds are nicely landscaped and the pool area was great. We loved the breakfast (especially the waffles). Most of all, the staff was fantastic. Everyone was very helpful and pleasant.
The hotel is located away from downtown, but the highway is nearby, so we didn't have any trouble getting around. The Casa Machado Mexican restaurant next door is excellent, and we had three dinners there.
If you're looking for a reasonably priced place to stay in San Diego, and you don't need the poshness of the Ritz-Carlton, then the Best Western Lamplighter is for you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Western Lamplighter Inn & Suites (a AAA 2-diamond hotel) is conveniently located 3/4 miles from San Diego State University, and only 15 minutes from Downtown, the San Diego Zoo and Balboa Park. Many of the rooms include kitchen facilities, making this the ideal place for an extended stay. Amenities include: complimentary expanded continental breakfast, free Wi-Fi and parking, and heated outdoor pool, Children 12 and under stay free. Pet friendly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Best Western Lamplighter Inn & Suites at SDSU reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Lamplighter Inn And Suites At Sdsu Hotel San Diego
- Best Western Lamplighter Hotel
- Best Western San Diego
- San Diego Best Western