From the moment I called to reserve the room to the moment I checked out I felt like I was family. They treated me and my family like we were important and the only ones there. They remembered our names, our room number and made sure our stay was relaxing and convenient. Every morning--and sometimes the evenings too--I walked into the office and asked for restaurant recommendations, beach preferences and driving directions, among many other other things. I never felt like I was bothering them or a nuisance, even if I was. They smiled and entertained me with a plethora of useful and fun information that was perfect for us and our needs as a family with two young children. Len, Bryan, Vanessa and the GM Dave along with the grounds keeper/maintenance man, who's name escapes me right now, were very welcoming and seemed to like their jobs.
There are so many "little" things that made our stay so enjoyable. When we were swimming at the pool the GM and maintenance man went and got my children a blow-up beach ball --just because. When I needed to wash a few loads of laundry on the premises I was given soap that another customer had left behind. The continental breakfast was way more than just coffee, juice and muffins. It was enough variety to keep us pleased for a week. The breakfast worker ran her butt off too keeping everything stocked and clean. The rooms had very comfty beds, perfect pillows, were clean, and fully stocked with the necessities. Ours also had a clean fridge and microwave. Our stay there was so enjoyable that we extended it a day. We went to another BW up the coast the following night and missed Lamplighter. It just wasn't the same.
This isn't a 5-star hotel but it gives you a lot of bang for your buck. I have payed much more and gotten much less in other places we have stayed. So if you are looking for a basic room that is clean, convenient and with a pleasant staff you will get what you want at the BW Lamplighter.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Western Lamplighter Inn & Suites (a AAA 2-diamond hotel) is conveniently located 3/4 miles from San Diego State University, and only 15 minutes from Downtown, the San Diego Zoo and Balboa Park. Many of the rooms include kitchen facilities, making this the ideal place for an extended stay. Amenities include: complimentary expanded continental breakfast, free Wi-Fi and parking, and heated outdoor pool, Children 12 and under stay free. Pet friendly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Best Western Lamplighter Inn & Suites at SDSU reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Lamplighter Inn And Suites At Sdsu Hotel San Diego
- Best Western Lamplighter Hotel
- Best Western San Diego
- San Diego Best Western