We stayed here during the infamous Comicon weekend. I state this, because it was used a few times as an excuse for things that were not right (not getting the room we requested, our room card not working after check-in, no parking left in the parking lot) and it didn't really make sense. Certainly there are other times the hotel is book solid, this is a pretty popular hotel in San Diego, what do they say when they don't have comic nerds to place their "oops," on?
Otherwise, this is a standard Best Western, well kept, in a pretty good location for a family or anyone wanting to save some money by getting one of their kitchen suites and taking advantage of the pool and breakfast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Western Lamplighter Inn & Suites (a AAA 2-diamond hotel) is conveniently located 3/4 miles from San Diego State University, and only 15 minutes from Downtown, the San Diego Zoo and Balboa Park. Many of the rooms include kitchen facilities, making this the ideal place for an extended stay. Amenities include: complimentary expanded continental breakfast, free Wi-Fi and parking, and heated outdoor pool, Children 12 and under stay free. Pet friendly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Agoda, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Lamplighter Inn & Suites at SDSU reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Lamplighter Inn And Suites At Sdsu Hotel San Diego
- Best Western Lamplighter Hotel
- Best Western San Diego
- San Diego Best Western