“Pricey perfection”
Review of Nobu

Nobu
Reserve with OpenTable
Nobu is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #124 of 4,869 Restaurants in San Diego
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: L Street
Transit: Gaslamp
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Three of us in San Diego on business had a superb dinner at Nobu. We each ordered three dishes (nine different items) and enjoyed multiple cocktails. The main idea at Nobu is to share and all the dishes are relatively small but uniformly has great flavor. The service was spot on. If you are on a budget this not the place for you but if you you want a well paced meal with lots of options Asian Fusion options (especially sea food) you simply cannot miss. A special favorite for the three of us was the Fish and Chips, Nobu style, it wasn't cod but sea bass and it was exquisite. I've been to other Nobus and this one ranks with them.

1  Thank Steve P

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I had the chefs menu on the night I visited, the portions were too small and the service was spacey and long at best, a couple of courses were very good, but overall, not worth the price and or the hype.

1  Thank colombianfoodie
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My boyfriend and I started with the cucumber martini and the MIA margarita, both were delicious. We ordered the edamame with truffle oil to change it up a bit from standard edamame which is also offered and it was amazing, highly recommend. We also ordered chicken and beef skewers with special dipping sauces and each one was unique and had great flavor. We both loved our sushi rolls. Great atmosphere, right across the street from our hotel (Omni) so it was within walking distance. Casual atmosphere like most of San Diego which was a little different coming from Scottsdale AZ where everyone overdresses. We enjoyed it overall but it was a little pricey considering how much food we actually got, but we each had 3 drinks. Bill was about $160 without tip. Would go again, our waitress was amazing, super cool.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Ordered the $100 Chef's Menu, which consisted of multiple courses of inspired preparation and presentation. Service staff was knowledgeable and very attentive, bringing and removing dishes with perfect timing. An excellent experience all around. Not inexpensive, but every dish was special.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I really enjoyed my visit to nobu San Diego, we got to seat at the bar so it was really fun to see all the chefs prepared sushi and sashimis, I´ve been in Nobu Las Vegas last summer and I have to say that I like The Las Vegas more, but Nobu San Diego didnt let me down