“overall great place to stay but limited parking.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Travelodge San Diego Downtown Convention Center

and 1 more site!
Travelodge San Diego Downtown Convention Center
Ranked #183 of 279 Hotels in San Diego

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013

My family and I stayed for a couple days and I was very happy with the service we got from Yesenia (Jessie) at the front desk. She called me before I arrived to tell me that my request for a bottom floor was not available but she got us a room by the elevator. She was helpful at check in with directions. We had an issue with the heater and she followed up and took care of us. The maintenance man was very nice also. We would stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TravelodgeSanDiego, Front Office Manager at Travelodge San Diego Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Dear Guest,

We are very pleased to know that your stay was fine and that we took care of the problem right away. We really appreciate that you were okay for us to accommodate you in another floor since we didn't have any openings downstairs as we were almost sold out. We do our best to accommodate our guest upon request. We are glad that the front desk (Yesenia) called you as soon as she got your reservation to notified you of your request of bottom floor. I will pass along your comments with my whole team.
We hope to hear from you soon.
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

First of all I gotta admit that the hotel is not located in one of the best areas of Downtown but what made it a great weekend for me and my family was Susana's suggestions.
She guided us very well to the most visited places in San Diego and that to be honest was the best she could do for us. Not just saved us time but gave us coupon discounts for the zoo. It took us about 8 minutes to get to the mile of restaurants and shops. I appreciated her switching me to a non smoking rooms since I had my 2 babies with me. Very close to the Downtown. My kids loved it. Is great to have some guidance specially if your not from the city. The lady's at the front were very friendly and funny. I will come back for the holidays. See you guys soon.

Oh, and if you have small kids don't walk to downtown theres a lot of homeless people towards that area. Better if you take a taxi.

Room Tip: The 3rd floor is quiet and their elevator works!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
Hello Sonia,

we are glad to hear that you and your family had a great time in San Diego. Specially the fun part by visiting the most attractive places in San Diego, like San Diego Zoo, SeaWorld, Seaport
Village, US Midway and Coronado Island. We are very pleased that the Front Desk Manager (Susana) was able to accommodate you in a non-smoking room per your request and that she was able to guide you with your tours. Hopefully you get back at us for your next visit and plan with us your next tours as theirs more places to visit here in San Diego.

Thanks and see you soon.