“Not recommended-avoid”

Motel 6 San Diego Mission Valley East
Ranked #231 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
“Not recommended-avoid”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Totally unappealing from checkin to checkout. Even the vending machines in the lobby are broke. Our room smelled like cigarette smoke. The room's linens appeared to be designed in the 80s but were clean. Cleanliness was the only bright spot in this totally depressing hotel. Do not stay here. Next time I'll pay more to stay closer to town in a more updated locale.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank LW8415

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Sahuarita
Reviewed 1 July 2014

When we arrived I had requested a non-smoking room, we noticed we ended up with a smoking room so I was not too happy about that. When we arrived in the room, the room was very dirty, soiled floors, black tub, dried up spaghetti on the floor and carpet. When I went back to the front desk to complain we were moved to a non-smoking room, after that we brought all our bags down to our room we did a quick inspection, what we found was very very shocking! When I peeled back the sheets they were all covered with urine stains! When Informed the front desk about the sheets,she said that they would be right over to change them, that never happened. So we went out to dinner, thinking they would change them by the time we got back. Nope! Now I was really upset so I go to the night clerk to ask for clean sheets, he stated that he would give them to me but I had to change them myself!! NOT COOL! My son cut his leg on the sharp edge of the bed frame which was off center. In closing, this property needs some serious improvements and upgrades in rooms and grounds and just overall cleanness, the carelessness of staff just showed throughout the whole experience. Please enjoy my pictures.

Room Tip: Please make sure rooms are clean, and watch out for the shady characters hanging around the property...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank omarmoey
Illinois City, Illinois
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

Clean and quite but was changed only towels.Very close to highway and cafe and restaurant , Walmart not far of way. Pool was freeze,we can't swim.!!!!wifi was free but doesn't work ether. I'm not recommend stay in that hotel mor then one night .

Stayed May 2014
3 Thank Makanakis
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 27 April 2014

This hotel is no longer a Ramada. When we checked in we were informed that it was sold to Motel 6 and that they no longer would be providing the complimentary breakfast service. They did provide a $10 discount on the room price, however, we were never contacted prior to our arrival and notified of the changes. The staff was confused because of the sudden change also.
The hotel is in a very weird spot, right off of and directly next to the freeway. The room was very low budget. Pretty clean, but not nice to look at.
It did the job, but I would never stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Travellers also viewed these San Diego hotels
Extended Stay America - San Diego - Mission Valley - Stadium
No photo provided
Navajo Lodge
#212 of 278 in San Diego

Been to Motel 6 San Diego Mission Valley East? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Motel 6 San Diego Mission Valley East

Property: Motel 6 San Diego Mission Valley East
Address: 4380 Alvarado Canyon Rd, Hwy 8 & Mission Gorge Road, San Diego, CA 92120-4301 (Formerly Ramada San Diego Mission Valley)
Region: United States > California > San Diego
Ranked #231 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2 star — Motel 6 San Diego Mission Valley East 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Motel 6 San Diego Mission Valley East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Ramada Mission Valley / Sdsu Hotel San Diego