“Long Term Residents; Not for Families”

Motel 6 San Diego Mission Valley East
Ranked #235 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Half residence place/half Motel. When I arrived, several rooms had their doors propped open and people were loitering/standing in the doorways and on the balconies hanging out. People were coming and going all night. Left for my flight at 4:30a.m. and there were still people just hanging around outside their rooms (room doors open to the outside.) Didn't see anyone smoking. I absolutely would not take my family here. Thought it would be better, given the price but I was taken.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Carpetbagger1a

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Totally unappealing from checkin to checkout. Even the vending machines in the lobby are broke. Our room smelled like cigarette smoke. The room's linens appeared to be designed in the 80s but were clean. Cleanliness was the only bright spot in this totally depressing hotel. Do not stay here. Next time I'll pay more to stay closer to town in a more updated locale.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank LW8415
Reviewed 1 July 2014

When we arrived I had requested a non-smoking room, we noticed we ended up with a smoking room so I was not too happy about that. When we arrived in the room, the room was very dirty, soiled floors, black tub, dried up spaghetti on the floor and carpet. When I went back to the front desk to complain we were moved to a non-smoking room, after that we brought all our bags down to our room we did a quick inspection, what we found was very very shocking! When I peeled back the sheets they were all covered with urine stains! When Informed the front desk about the sheets,she said that they would be right over to change them, that never happened. So we went out to dinner, thinking they would change them by the time we got back. Nope! Now I was really upset so I go to the night clerk to ask for clean sheets, he stated that he would give them to me but I had to change them myself!! NOT COOL! My son cut his leg on the sharp edge of the bed frame which was off center. In closing, this property needs some serious improvements and upgrades in rooms and grounds and just overall cleanness, the carelessness of staff just showed throughout the whole experience. Please enjoy my pictures.

Room Tip: Please make sure rooms are clean, and watch out for the shady characters hanging around the property...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank omarmoey
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

Clean and quite but was changed only towels.Very close to highway and cafe and restaurant , Walmart not far of way. Pool was freeze,we can't swim.!!!!wifi was free but doesn't work ether. I'm not recommend stay in that hotel mor then one night .

Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank Makanakis
Reviewed 27 April 2014

This hotel is no longer a Ramada. When we checked in we were informed that it was sold to Motel 6 and that they no longer would be providing the complimentary breakfast service. They did provide a $10 discount on the room price, however, we were never contacted prior to our arrival and notified of the changes. The staff was confused because of the sudden change also.
The hotel is in a very weird spot, right off of and directly next to the freeway. The room was very low budget. Pretty clean, but not nice to look at.
It did the job, but I would never stay here again.

Reviewed 25 April 2014