“Wonderful! Yummy!”

Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This is just the type of dinner I had imagined when I booked a trip to San Diego and knew I would be staying in the Little Italy district. I was not disappointed. The weather was mild so we were able to eat outdoors. We were there on a Monday night, the service as fast! We had spinach ravioli in pink sauce, half marinara and half alfredo sauce. And my all time favorite eggplant parmigiana. Luscious. Just wonderful!

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We had a lovely Italian meal here. India Street is host to a huge selection of Italian Restaurants.

We happened to eat on half price wine night. Yay two bottles of wine later accompanied by an amazing meal and the bill for 4 under $150 US.

The service was great. The place was humming (always a good sign). Could eat inside or out. We choose out to people watch.

Would definitely eat there again. A great part of town.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We started with Calamari Fritti of fresh squid battered and fried to perfection with a side of spicy marinara sauce. We ordered a Pear Salad of arugula tossed with a balsamic vinaigrette, topped with walnuts, gorgonzola cheese, and fresh pears. TASTY! Also had the Cesar Salad comprised of crisp romaine lettuce tossed with a creamy Cesar dressing, finished with fresh croutons and shredded parmesan. My entree of Spaghetti With Meatballs had a great
marinara sauce with a generous portion of homemade all beef meatballs.
My partner ordered a succulent Chicken Marsala in a delightful marsala sauce, with a perfectly prepared mushroom risotto accompanied by well seasoned sauteed vegetables. A wonderful dining experience.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

We recently tried Mimmo's and really enjoyed our evening. Great seating outside along with charming decor inside. Food was great and our server was very attentive. We will be back on our next visit to San Diego. My only knock on the little Italy area is parking can be a bit challenging. Try a few blocks to the north for parking.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Was recommended by a retired serviceman working on The Midway Museum. Located in Little Italy in San Diego. Food was very good. Value good. Service good. No complaints at all. I'd go again! Parking an issue, but it always is in the city, right? Worth the effort!

Been to Mimmo's? Share your experiences!