“Great atmosphere but not blown away...” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #586 of 4,698 Restaurants in San Diego
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Cartersville, Georgia
“Great atmosphere but not blown away...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

I was so excited to dine here because of the reviews, but boy were we disappointed. First of all, the waitress was less than attentive. The description of each entree had us drooling, and to see the food come out so beautiful, we couldn't wait to taste everything. What a disappointment! Presentation was superb but the taste, not so much.
The sage was overpowering in Andy's chicken and the filet mignon was very bland. I had to ask for salt and I never use salt. We started out with a signature cocktail, which was amazing, and a few appetizers. The Crispy Elk Ravioli was flavorless and overcooked. The cornbread and the mac n cheese was tasty, but is that what you want to remember about having dinner here? It was way to much money to spend on the presentation of the food and atmosphere. The Tractor Room is a great place for a unique cocktail before having dinner ...somewhere else.
Note: If you decide to dine here, be aware the portions are big and it's not the place to go if you mind sitting very close to other diners.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Carlsbad, California
“Super Good Brunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

Tractor Room is my #1 spot for Brunch. The portions are big but it's all very tasty and good. the corn bread is really super good. The best place for Bloody Mary too. Some drinking items are little prices but overall good value restaurant!

• Visited November 2013
Dallas, Texas
“You should definitely come here.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

What I ordered: Black Skillet Cornbread, Pork Loin Special (Wild Boar Bacon Mashed Potatoes with Chipotle Sauce), and The Hires House drink (Muddled Fresh Orange, Cinnamon Stick, Root Liqueur, Brown Sugar, 12 Year Double Wood Balvenie Scotch)

I don’t think you can choose a bad item on The Tractor Room’s menu, but I chose the best ones. The cornbread was ridiculous and the drink opened you up the way most scotch drinks do while having an added sweetness to cut it. The Pork Loin was simply the largest plate of food I have been served in a long time and was one of the most flavorful. I want to dip everything I eat in the chipotle sauce that came on top of that pork loin.

With the dark lighting, the antler chandelier, the leather booths, and The National playing in the background, I felt right at home at The Tractor Room. You know, if my home was a charming cabin in the woods with good music and I had my own chef and bartender. Late on Sunday night, there were enough customers at The Tractor Room to be comfortable, but not overwhelming. Important note: my waitress gave the best service I think I have ever had. She was attentive without being pushy and friendly without lolly-gagging. Overall, she was fantastic. I definitely recommend coming here.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Erica319
Destin, Florida
“Very cool restaurant with a great feel!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

We were recommended The Tractor Room for a dinner and took up our friends advice. Called in for a reservation on a Friday night and was told only the deck was available. Not a problem heat lamps and wind buffers make it very pleasant. Checked in and seated promptly service was nice but not overwhelming. Ordered Calamari App with the wonderful spicy mayo sauce. Wedge salad was an interesting combo of flavors but very nice. Dinner orders were Prime Burger, Grilled Salmon and Duck Breast skewer

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank bryjenwms
Bakersfield, California, United States
“Great breakfast!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

Best breakfast I have ever had.The portions are huge and tasty.so much food we had to take leftovers hone for lunch.Our server (Jordan ) was fantastic and there when we needed service.I would give The Tractor Room a 10!!!! You won't bring disappointed!!!!

• Visited October 2013