US$145
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$197/night.

Book now, pay at stay
US$269
US$385
US$346
Official Site
  • Pool
Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$314
  • Pool
Paradise Point Resort & Spa(San Diego)
US$326
  • Pool
Bahia Resort Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$1,331
US$314
Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$1,332
US$371
US$653
Fairmont.com
Pacific Terrace Hotel(San Diego)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$690
US$675
  • Beachfront
The Dana on Mission Bay(San Diego)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfree shuttleshuttle servicebedroom suiteshuttle vanclose to the airportfree breakfastamtrak stationlittle italyfire pitwalking distanceseaport villagefront desk staffcruise terminalstar of indiasofa bedconvention centergas lamp
Reviewed 17 August 2017

My family had an excellent stay in this downtown hotel during a getaway to San Diego.

The hotel was situated across the street from a park (which the kids loved) and had numerous restaurants within walking distance.

The hotel itself was clean, quiet and offered a unique pool where you could see the train pass as it made its way down the coast. I thought the train would become a problem with noise but it was surprisingly quiet.

No complaints or dislikes about our stay. It was a great stay.

Tip: be sure to check the pricing of parking when reviewing the total cost of your stay.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Steve C, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Residence Inn San Diego Downtown.

We appreciate your feedback and are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay. We take great pride in all of the services and amenities that we offer our guests, and I am glad to hear you found them useful during your visit. We are glad that you had a quiet and relaxing stay with us.

Thank you again and we would be honored to host you again sometime soon.

Reviewed 30 July 2017

I booked this hotel with the option of cancelling. I had difficulties and neither the manager, Christopher or the GM Steven would work with me. They said several times they would get back with me, they promise and no reply. Very difficult situation..

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Steve C, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

We appreciate your feedback and I would like to continue my efforts in resolving your particular guest issue.

I ask that you please contact me directly to further discuss.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Chose this hotel for location. And it really is a great location. Great restaurants all in walking distance, across the street from the harbor- no beach access. We were taking a harbor cruise and the dock was only a 15 minute walk. Free parking at the hotel.
However don't be fooled by the pictures. The outside looks great. The inside is very dated. The rooms are clean. Just very old and small. The usual size rooms at the Residence Inn are about 25% bigger than these. And I think my bed was as old as the room was. I had a very hard time moving once I could roll out of the bed.
Breakfast every morning? I am not a fan of pre-made scrambled eggs. It's the typical Residence Inn style breakfast which I skipped and my husband, who eats anything, agreed to skip on the 2nd day.
Overall, based on location it was great. Staff was nice and accommodating for an early check in. It is closer to a high 2 star or low 3 star hotel. Over priced for the accommodations.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Steve C, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

We appreciate your feedback and I will personally share your comments with our management team and continue our efforts to improve our hotel and guest offerings to ensure a positive guest experience.

Thank you once again for your feedback.

Reviewed 22 June 2017

Was upgraded to a double room. Every 3 days they havw bacon on the breakfast buffet. Lost my phone and tbe front desk held it- speaks to the honesty of the staff and personel. Friendly staff. Would return in a heartbeat.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Steve C, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2017

Hi David,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Residence Inn San Diego Downtown.

We appreciate your feedback and are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay. I will share your kind comments about our staff with my team. They always strive to provide excellent service to all of our hotel guests.

We would love to have you back some day.

Thank you again for staying with us.

Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

First off, this hotel is great. It's beautiful and centrally located in gaslamp district. Everything is walking distance. Kady at the front desk was very accommodating. We switched rooms twice (we paid for a city view which cost extra) because the first room looked at a wall and rooftop, the second room had a 4 foot high service walkway outside the window therefore giving a worse view. The last room was exactly what we expected with a great view of the city and pool deck. Here's the issue I had, parking! Valet is $40 but there is a self park right next door. The website mentions valet but doesn't give a price so I assume self park is cheaper. Wrong! Cost me $50 to park literally 12 hours overnight. The website really needs to advertise the price or give other parking options. There was an outdoor open parking lot a couple blocks but not ever been to San Diego we were unsure of the distance or the safety of our car in that lot. The hotel really needs to advertise parking options. Or work with the parking garage next door on overnight parking deals for hotel guests, something! Other than the parking I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends or stay there again. But i would give them tips on the parking situation!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Steve C, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2017

Hi Carey,

Thank you for your response.

I will forward this review to my partners at the Residence Inn San Diego Gaslamp property on Sixth Avenue. Our hotels are very similar in name so people often mix them up.

I will ensure the hotel receives your feedback.

Kind regards,