“Fantastic!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Irvine, California, United States
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Just got back from a business trip in San Diego. The Hotel is beautiful inside and conference room was very comfortable. We had a wonderful time. Everyone was so pleasant and ready to assist. The food was very well presented and exquisite. We will be back soon.

Thank you for a job well done!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Ashley R, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard San Diego Downtown, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
Julie S.,

As a guest that also was booked in our meeting space we are happy to deliver great service on all ends of your stay down to our food and beverage. We hope you and/or your company continue to book your business and leisure plans with us in the future to enjoy many more meetings or stays with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Korean first
Tustin, California, United States
Reviewed 4 July 2013

I had a very pleasant stay here towards the end of June 2013. I was down in San Diego for a 4 day education training and did not want to commute every day from Orange County.

I paid the premium rate to have a water view room. The first night I was there, I was in a corner room (loved the light from the windows) but didn't have much view of the water (not that it's at the water's edge). When I got back from my training that first day, I asked if it wouldn't be too much trouble if I could get a room that I could actually see the water from. I was moved from the 8th to 12 floor and the view was awesome. I could even see into Petco Field from my bed.

The staff was great, always courteous.

The ONLY downside was the $36/day valet parking fee. If you don't need your car, I would suggest taking the train down.

Room Tip: Try for a 12th floor if you're getting a water view.
1 Thank Melinda B
Ashley R, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard San Diego Downtown, responded to this review, 7 July 2013
Mindy B,

Our staff strives to give top rated and friendly customer service on a daily basis and will love to get the feedback from this review. It is also great to hear your request for a higher view was met and you enjoyed the stay even more. Please keep our hotel in mind when you book lodging for San Diego in the future.
manchester england
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Just got back from a stay here and my only wish is that we had stayed longer.

San Diego is an amazing city. The gas lamp district is just great.
The hotel is in a perfect location with endless bars and restaurants within walking distance. Hotel is clean and staff are friendly.

Be sure to go downstairs and see the old vault doors. Great for novelty photo opportunity.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
mikebarr,

We are glad you took advantage of our location which is convenient for out of town visitors looking for a central location to many of the city's attractions while walking distance to 150+ restaurants and shops. We appreciate you liked the original historic bank safe deposit door and vault from 1928 now used as our meeting spaces. We do offer tours so if you find yourself in San Diego again we hope you stay with us and get some of the history told firsthand.
Austin, Texas, United States
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I recently stayed at the Downtown San Diego Courtyard. This hotel is unique because it's built inside an old bank. The lobby is ornate and the conference rooms are really fun. I enjoyed the service and the room was better than expected. It is also in walking distance of the Gas Lamp District. Couple all that with perfect San Diego weather and you have a winner.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Ashley R, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard San Diego Downtown, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
Jerry P.,

We appreciate your kind regards to our historic property with newly renovated guest rooms, lobby and meeting spaces while still keeping the integrity of the original bank from 1928. Alongside our great service staff we definitely agree our location is a bonus being within the Gaslamp District with over 150+ restaurants and shops. We look forward to your return to our property when you are in San Diego again.
Torrance, California
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Here now-booked 2 rooms for a bachelorette partay. Rooms are pretty! Great location. The front desk TERRIBLE service. Attitudes. The service from the valet-GREAT(thanks Danny )! Watching TV or listening to the radio -they keep cutting out and says no signal lb the TV. Really annoying. Check in is at 3, so we arrived AT 3. We had 2 rooms neither were ready. We were told they would be ready in 30 min. So we waited in the lobby. Also requested conjoined rooms (online & confirmed 3 times over the phone). Surprise ... We didn't get it. We finally get in ONE room an hour later. So we all pile up and hang out. The next room isn't ready for about another hour. So we ask if we can get a late check out given the fact that we were given our rooms hours late. We got it @ 1. Gee thanks. And everyone one I talked to at the front desk was skipping rude! For that alone I (& the other 7 of us) don't want to ever come back here. No body likes being TALKED AT.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank nstreicker
nstreicker,

I apologize about your check in experience. We try to accommodate every guest request as promised but it seems we were at the mercy of a previous sellout night and a late checkout from the previous guest in the room blocked for you to keep you next to your companions. Defintely a fault on our end that we will discuss to prevent in the future amongst staff. You stated the review was made during this timeframe and not after the stay so I hope the remainder of your stay was recovered from our staff and we were able to compensate from your initial frustration. If so and you do return please reach out to Ashley Reid or Bashir Ramzy in order to make up from this check in experience.
Reviewed 29 June 2013

I was at the Courtyard Marriott this past week on business, and I must say that I was very satisfied with the hotel. I LOVE the building (used to be a bank) with the vault in the basement that has been repurposed to a meeting room. The room doors, the ceilings... it is just gorgeous and I am happy it is well preserved. The location is fantastic for exploring... close to balboa park, the airport and the main drag that runs down the cost. But in reality, the biggest win for this hotel is the staff. From the young man at the bar during happy hour, to the awesome folks at the help desk, and the room service guy that had to run up 7 floors using the stairs to deliver my food because the elevators were not working... everybody was exceptional. I always have issues with my phone charger, and servers from the restaurant and the front desk try to find a solution to my problem. It was a very nice experience, and would highly recommend this particular hotel.

Green Features: I selected to waive the daily housekeeping, as I did not need it. As simple as hanging the notice in the front door. They had recycling bins as well.
karlushka,

We appreciate your business and the gratitude given from the quality of service you recieved from all departments of our staff. We definitely hope this means many bookings with us by you in the future to prove this same quality with each stay.
Chino Hills, California
Reviewed 24 June 2013

beautiful hotel..enjoyed our stay very much but every time a young couple goes into a semi nice hotel you always weird looks. yes i can afford to stay in a nice hotel. Even the people working at the front desk gave us weird looks. I left an item in the hotel room and immediately called to let them know. The lady who answered the phone was just, well a pain to talk to. She either just didn't want to help or just didn't care. I told her the room number and all the information i could give, and all she could say was there is no name under that. Would I seriously lie about my name and my room number? I didn't just pull that number out of no where. After the first phone call, i called back to let them know exactly where I left and the lady said she will personally go up and check. Got a phone call back and said that my item was no where to be found. It is MY fault i left it there but i thought calling ASAP would help, especially when she told me house keeping didn't even clean that room yet. My item was quite pricey and wasn't too surprised they couldn't find it. It is what it is.
this is a very beautiful hotel and the area is beautiful.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Ashley R, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard San Diego Downtown, responded to this review, 26 June 2013
jayes123456,

Im glad you enjoyed your stay and thought the hotel was beautiful but would definitely want to follow up with your isolated matter. If you could call our property and ask to speak with Bashir Ramzy or Ashley Reid so that we can address the situation with your missing item and the way it was handled it would be greatly appreciated.