This is a really good hotel. I stayed here in Nov 2013. Since the previous time I stayed here (2010), the hotel had been renovated, and that turned out to be a vast improvement (although it was pretty good even then). My room was not very large, but squeaky clean, with free wifi and a safe that was big enough to take my 15 inch macbook as well as other stuff. As noted by other reviewers, the building used to house a bank, and the beautiful old interior has largely been maintained. Staff was courteous and helpful, although booking a taxi in advance proved to be difficult. When exiting the place you walk straight into the Gaslamp quarter with all its bars and restaurants, and it's about a 10 min walk to the conference centre. Breakfast is not included, but that seems to be the standard in the US these days.
All in all a great place to stay, and I will certainly return the next time I'm in San Diego.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come experience the perfect San Diego hotel for your business or leisure stay. Housed in a 1920's historic landmark building, the reinvented Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Downtown welcomes guests with the sophisticated comfort of modern accommodations, while embracing the character of the distinguished former financial institution. From the moment you step through the revolving front doors, you will be whisked away to an inviting and intimate space to unwind, gather your thoughts, or share a laugh and a beverage with friends. Exquisite remnants of the former bank grace the interior of our hotel and mix with a fresh, contemporary style. Whether you are here for business or pleasure, you can expect impeccable service and an unbeatable location in the Gaslamp Quarter, offering hundreds of dining and entertainment options. We are conveniently located in the heart of the business district, walking distance to the waterfront and San Diego Convention Center, and minutes away from the San Diego International Airport. We are also just steps away from the San Diego Trolley which connects downtown to Mission Valley, Chula Vista, and the International Border. Reinvented with fresh decor and design, our guest rooms and suites provide superior accommodations for individual travelers, business groups, event groups and families. Each of our rooms offers luxury bedding, free high-speed Internet and microwaves, refrigerators and safes in every room. After sightseeing or a day of meetings, enjoy delicious California cuisine at THE LOBBY or grab a snack at our 24-hour market. At the Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Downtown, we're ready to serve up what you want - where you want. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott San Diego Downtown Hotel San Diego
- Courtyard San Diego Downtown
- San Diego Courtyard
- San Diego Marriott