I've written very few reviews and none while I was still staying at the hotel but I feel compelled to review this Courtyard now so that my review doesn't fall "through the cracks." Before coming here, I read reviews about how helpful the staff was. But even so, I'm overwhelmed at how anxious to please and what wonderful service both Sean and John have provided. Both of these fine gentlemen work at the front desk. When I arrived, Sean went out of his way to help me choose a room that best suited my needs. I never felt rushed and as a result, I love the room I am in. Since the room was so nice and John and Sean were so helpful, I extended my stay at the Courtyard by two nights.
I've stayed at luxury 5 star hotels and never had such excellent service. This is true too of the person who has cleaned my room (excellent) and everyone else I've had dealings with. The location of the hotel is great. I do not have a car and with John and Sean's help, I've been able to get around using the bus and the trolley.
BTW, I'm loving San Diego too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come experience the perfect San Diego hotel for your business or leisure stay. Housed in a 1920's historic landmark building, the reinvented Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Downtown welcomes guests with the sophisticated comfort of modern accommodations, while embracing the character of the distinguished former financial institution. From the moment you step through the revolving front doors, you will be whisked away to an inviting and intimate space to unwind, gather your thoughts, or share a laugh and a beverage with friends. Exquisite remnants of the former bank grace the interior of our hotel and mix with a fresh, contemporary style. Whether you are here for business or pleasure, you can expect impeccable service and an unbeatable location in the Gaslamp Quarter, offering hundreds of dining and entertainment options. We are conveniently located in the heart of the business district, walking distance to the waterfront and San Diego Convention Center, and minutes away from the San Diego International Airport. We are also just steps away from the San Diego Trolley which connects downtown to Mission Valley, Chula Vista, and the International Border. Reinvented with fresh decor and design, our guest rooms and suites provide superior accommodations for individual travelers, business groups, event groups and families. Each of our rooms offers luxury bedding, free high-speed Internet and microwaves, refrigerators and safes in every room. After sightseeing or a day of meetings, enjoy delicious California cuisine at THE LOBBY or grab a snack at our 24-hour market. At the Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Downtown, we're ready to serve up what you want - where you want. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott San Diego Downtown Hotel San Diego
- Courtyard San Diego Downtown
- San Diego Courtyard
- San Diego Marriott