We booked this hotel using a Marriott Category 5 certificate. Considering that all the other downtown properties are category 6 or above, I felt like we got excellent value for the certificate. Unfortunately, as this is a Courtyard, the Marriott platinum benefits are very limited. We had room on the top floor, which meant a great view, but also required taking two elevators and navigating a few poorly signed hallways. The room was spacious and clean and modern - but I wish they had preserved some of the hotel's original character like they did in the lobby and elevators. We had drinks and appetizers at the lobby bar and really enjoyed it. Our beers were half off for happy hour and the tuna appetizer was excellent. We also got a good recommendation for dinner a couple blocks away at Spike Africa (5 stars for food and value!). The room service breakfast was good, albeit a little overpriced. $65 for 2 breakfasts without ordering coffee or orange juice? That's a little steep for a Courtyard and a big drawback from this compared with a Marriott that would provide breakfast vouchers to platinums. Finally, there's a parking garage a block from the hotel that charged $10 per night vs. the $30+ that the hotel asked for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come experience the perfect San Diego hotel for your business or leisure stay. Housed in a 1920's historic landmark building, the reinvented Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Downtown welcomes guests with the sophisticated comfort of modern accommodations, while embracing the character of the distinguished former financial institution. From the moment you step through the revolving front doors, you will be whisked away to an inviting and intimate space to unwind, gather your thoughts, or share a laugh and a beverage with friends. Exquisite remnants of the former bank grace the interior of our hotel and mix with a fresh, contemporary style. Whether you are here for business or pleasure, you can expect impeccable service and an unbeatable location in the Gaslamp Quarter, offering hundreds of dining and entertainment options. We are conveniently located in the heart of the business district, walking distance to the waterfront and San Diego Convention Center, and minutes away from the San Diego International Airport. We are also just steps away from the San Diego Trolley which connects downtown to Mission Valley, Chula Vista, and the International Border. Reinvented with fresh decor and design, our guest rooms and suites provide superior accommodations for individual travelers, business groups, event groups and families. Each of our rooms offers luxury bedding, free high-speed Internet and microwaves, refrigerators and safes in every room. After sightseeing or a day of meetings, enjoy delicious California cuisine at THE LOBBY or grab a snack at our 24-hour market. At the Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Downtown, we're ready to serve up what you want - where you want. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott San Diego Downtown Hotel San Diego
- Courtyard San Diego Downtown
- San Diego Courtyard
- San Diego Marriott