“Enjoyable stay”

GreenLeadersGold level
Kelowna, Canada
“Enjoyable stay”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

From check in to check out everything went smoothly. Nice hotel, great bed and a good location. On top of that Jillyin that worked in the lounge was a wealth of information She welcomes you with a big beautiful smile and is very helpful in finding a place for dinner and things to do after.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Korean first
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

This is simply an amazing hotel. The lobby is very well done and my room was great. I recommend the Ocean View room. Hotel is in a great location downtown and literally minutes away (walking) from some great restaurants. The Gaslamp District is also walking distance from the hotel. I had a great stay and highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I came to San Diego for vacation and was extremely impressed with this hotel. First, it is beautiful! The lobby is amazing and the rooms are clearly renovated and up to date, not to mention spacious. The original character of the building is well preserved and it creates a very cool experience. The front desk staff was extremely helpful, especially Sau who was upbeat, friendly, and knowledgeable when I checked in late. The desk has maps of the area and offered great restaurant recommendations. They even had the ferry schedule available which was super helpful. The hotel is right in the heart of everything to do downtown. I cannot wait until my next stay!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Wow, this hotel has it all. We were greeted with warm welcomes and big smiles from all of the staff throughout our entire stay. Our room was immaculate and we had a beautiful view of the city. Food and drinks were excellent as well... the lobby bar was a great place to hang out. Overall, the service is really what made our stay special though.... one of the best hotels I've stayed at-- and that is saying a lot!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Writings reviews on hotels is a waste of time... until NOW.. Thanks to the great, friendly and Amazing customer service of this Hotel (special Thanks to SERGIO LEE) and the "I wish I never had to go back home" rooms... here I am eating my own words! Party or Fun or a simple love vacation for Two (as what I did...love you Uly) We had the best time at the hotel and what downtown offers. Will I ever return to this Historic Hollywood Glam Party like "The Great Gatsby" Titanic Customer service kind of Hotel? .... My Answer is you have to check it out on your own!... But MOST definitely will return in July! (FOR MY BDAY)

La Mesa, California
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I was meeting a friend for lunch who was staying in the Courtyard Marriott downtown. While waiting for him to come down from his room I had a chance to check out the lobby. It was very clean and the staff was very friendly. I sat at the Starbucks coffee bar while I waited and Ashley, the barista, took excellent care of me. She had a wonderful personality and started up a friendly conversation right away. I wasn't going to have a drink but Ashley recommended a snicker doodle latte that sounded too good to pass up. And it was! Overall I am extremely satisfied with my visit and would gladly recommend this hotel.

Bakersfield, California
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I was treated very professionally by a young lady named Alexandra B. She went above and beyond to help me. I had trouble with printer problems and she even helped me that as well. She was great! Great service by Sau and Carmen, as well. They were very helpful too.Thank you for a nice stay