“Better than expected”

Quality Inn San Diego I-5 Naval Base
Ranked #188 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I really wasn't expecting much when I booked this room. The area isn't a great area, but I was pleasantly surprised. The room was clean, the towels were softer than most hotels, the bed was comfortable, and the water pressure for the shower was excellent. The biggest downside is that it is close to the freeway. If you need quiet to sleep this place might not be for you.

This isn't a 5 star hotel, but if you need a clean, comfortable place to stay I would suggest this hotel. The staff was very nice, and they let me have a 2pm checkout which helped me out tremendously.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank WindTraveler101

Reviewed 17 January 2014

The hotel is not far from most attractions in San Diego. Needs a vehicle. We are not encountered problems parking in San Diego. Staff very welcome, nice and courteous. There is an elevator in the hotel. Breakfast Included pretty basic but nice. The room is very nice and very loved our stay at this hotel probably in relation to its price. we are very recommended on this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kerend
Reviewed 31 August 2013

This hotel is horrible! We checked in August 31 2013, As we went into the room and turned on the air we found that it did not blow any cool air, so we moved into A new room and found that it was having the same problems. We hoped it would cool off after we left for a few hours but came to find that the air shuts off when u leave. We spoke to a guest in the parking lot who told us he was here for 4 days and had been switched to 4 different room in 4 nights due to the same issue! I just saw a norther guest in the hallway and asked if there room was any better and they told me that they could not fall asleep tell 4am due to how hot the room was and were moving to a new room as well. I called the front desk to ask for a fan and they do not have any and would not discount anything for the inconvenience and could not do anything to help us! We are off to the store to buy a fan so we can try to get a little sleep tonight we hope !
DO NOT STAY HERE !!!
Signed
Very unhappy guest!!

Room Tip: Look at the room first !
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Tina R
Reviewed 11 August 2013

I booked through Choice Hotels not knowing the area at all. Upon check inn the clerk was friendly and helpful and printed out directions to the zoo for us. It was very conviently located close to the zoo and right off the I-5. I was a little aprensive since there were a couple of guys hanging in the parking lot drinking beer and being quite loud. Our room was very clean and the beds comfortable. I tolerated the noise from the partiers for a little while then went to the manager, who was very nice and handeled the situation promptly. I would recommend staying at this hotel since it was very nice and clean, however I would stay on the upper floors which are probably quieter.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank dv50
Reviewed 20 April 2013

I have to admit this - I found an unexpected jewel of a hotel in southeast San Diego. I travel quite a bit for work, and I try to select a hotel property that is in close proximity of my work meetings. Sure enough, in my quest for quality, value, cleanliness, and comfort, I found the Quality Inn 1-5 Naval Base. The hotel owners happened to be from Sacramento where I also live on a part-time basis, and we hit it off right away. The husband and wife team made me feel right at home, and they ensured my stay was comfortable. I woke up to a wonderful, complimentary breakfast the next day and ready to take on the world. So, if you need to be close to San Diego's Navy Base or the South Bay, take a quest over to this Quality Inn!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank rixx2
Reviewed 11 April 2013

I had the best time here. the staff was so friendly and helpful. The breakfast was delicious and the rooms were also really nice. Ireally felt comfortable at this place, and thats saying something because i travel around the country year-round. its also very close to basically everything in San Diego.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank CHops_13
Reviewed 13 February 2013

This hotel is a good place to stay when flying out of San Diego. Neighborhood is mediocre, but not bad. These folks are renovating and trying real hard. This means a lot to a retired businessman who has seen a few come and go in his time. They are installing real stone floors and granite countertops as well as the usual painting. Give them lots of credit for hard work and optimism, and try this hotel out. A bit off the beaten path, no pool, but the best mattresses on our whole trip.
Right now they are swiftly climbing up the ladder!!!

Room Tip: Always show courtesy and kindness. It takes you a long way. Ask for any perks or upgrades.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Diego
Mission Valley / Hotel Circle
Quality Suites Mission Valley SeaWorld Area
Quality Suites Otay Mesa
#212 of 278 in San Diego

Been to Quality Inn San Diego I-5 Naval Base? Share your experiences!