“Goo standard as ever”

Ranked #161 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
San Diego
“Goo standard as ever”
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed our 5 days in newly refurbished Exec room, very nice.
New bathroom, carpets, paint etc. with nice big HD TV.
Now has a safe, tall and shallow but can fit a couple of iPads in it.
Pool was very noisy with kids having fun but got locked at about 10pm and after that real quiet.
Staff friendly and helpful, don't understand reviews that say they are not. Been here many times and they are always nice to us.
Would be great to have bottled water provided for the coffee machine.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Charlie H, General Manager at Ramada San Diego North Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
I thank you Fred for your positive comments we look forward to having you back again soon. Just so you know next time we do have complimentary bottled water available at the Front Desk for your convenience.

Again thank you!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
San Diego, California
Reviewed 13 July 2014

The staff is dedicated, hard-working, and splendid.

The lack of a reliable WiFi is simply unworkable. When it goes down (and I've been here three days, and it's gone down twice), the management has the guest talk to their Internet provider.

I've stayed in a large number of hospitality establishments. I have never had WiFi go down so frequently, and never was I - as a guest - required to resolve the problem with the establishment's service provider myself. Twice.

I may pack my bags tomorrow if this doesn't get any better. I'm using my (apparently) limited Internet access seconds to provide this review.

Think about that.

Room Tip: If you want quiet, choose a room facing away from the pool.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ken N
I thank you for your comments Ken. I will be sure to let the staff know about your positive comments on their work ethics. We have recently upgraded our WiFi and I am glad to assure you that this issue has been resolved.

Thank you!

Travellers are raving about these San Diego hotels

Westminster, Colorado
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I did not have much expectations of this hotel considering the reviews from other travellers. But was pleasantly surprised. The room was clean, quiet and spacious for a family of 4. Had no problems checking in/out.
The only drawback was this hotel did not have free breakfast, would be a good value-add for the future.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Muthu K
Thank you and I am glad to hear that you and your family were pleasantly surprised. I will share with the housekeeping staff your comments on the room cleanliness.

Again thanks!
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed 5 July 2014

My son and I recently stayed here for 4 nights and though I got a great deal via hotels.com; the room was average. My lamp was broken and the bathroom floor wasn't well mopped. The flat screen was nice and the a/c worked nice and quiet. There is no complimentary breakfast so be ready to use the microwave in the room or pay at the Proud Mary' restaurant downstairs or go McD across the street. Hot tub was a plus but the pool is cold and with a dirty floor. Overall not too bad of an hotel and not very far from main attractions. I would stay again at the same deal but not at a premium price. 3.5 stars (Room 251)

Room Tip: ask for a room close to the pool
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
I thank you for your comments Marc, not only is our hotel a great place for vacationers like yourself, we are a favorite for business travelers as well as we are centrally located with It is within 10 minutes of all that San Diego has to offer, including Sea World, San Diego Zoo, San Diego International Airport, Petco Park, Qualcomm Stadium, San Diego’s Gaslamp District, Historic Old Town and of course San Diego’s beautiful beaches as well.

Locust Fork, Alabama
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Spacious, clean and newly remodeled rooms. Great staff that were extremely helpful and friendly. Bar/restaurant had good food and a cool band. Grounds were manicured and pool was clean. Will return again with family.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your comments, I will be sure to pass them along to the staff! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our restaurant, Proud Mary’s Southern Bar and Grill has become a staple in the community, known for its Fried Chicken and offering happy hour 7 days a week.
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Reviewed 2 July 2014

room was clean everyday, A/C wasn't too noisy, didn't hear any of the other guests. We didn't eat at the restaurant because it looked pretty pricey and we could eat around there for less. Overall was a good experience, we will stay again if we are visiting that area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you Michael, we look forward to seeing you again in the future stays here in Sunny San Diego.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Our group occupied four rooms over 6/26 – 6/28. One of those was an accessible room. Prior to arriving, I called several times to really get the feel of the accessible room in order to determine what extra equipment I needed to travel with from home. The gal at the front desk seemed to be really bothered by my questions – even though she could not answer them. She read the words they had on the website and told me to take a look myself. She assured me that our room had a shower and a tub. We needed a shower. Impossible for my mother to get in a tub. I asked if the toilet was raised. She said yes. So, the accessible room consisted of : a pocket door to the bathroom and three grab bars. You cannot get a wheelchair into the bathroom. There was no shower. The toilet was not raised, however, the lid was on two inch stilts if that makes sense. There was only a sliver of space to maneuver the wheelchair between the beds and the dresser. Please be aware before booking this hotel if you need accessibility. Next, they have a thief amongst the staff. We checked out of one room and left to go out to breakfast. We called within an hour of leaving to say that we had left a beloved special bracelet in that room. They did not find it they said. Trust me, we know it was positively left in the room. When we got back, we talked to the manager, housekeeping department, etc. We even spoke with the gal that cleaned the room. She mentioned that the beds were stripped before she arrived. We never got a chance to speak with that person. When I called yesterday to check on the process of locating the bracelet, I was told they did not have it. I told them they had a thief working for them. Their response: Call the police if you think that. What I think they should do is seriously question the folks that were in that room just after we checked out of that room. Instead of calling the police, I think that posting here is a more effective route to take. So, beware.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your comments regarding our accessible rooms. They provide valuable insight on how we can improve our room and additional information we need to provide to our front desk staff. We are always trying to improve our guest experience for our special needs guests. As for the lost bracelet, we have safes in every guestroom and we suggest that all our guests use them to secure their valuables, sadly often times’ thinks are misplaced or lost when linens are striped and all the towels are removed for washing. You would be surprised at the amount of items that are left in hotel rooms on a daily basis, we do try to return as many items as is possible but sadly your bracelet was not one of those items.

Again thank you,