“Clean and quiet”

Ranked #156 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Billings, Montana
“Clean and quiet”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

I was pleased with my 4 night stay. I requested a quiet room and was happy with the room they gave me. Room was clean and swimming pool was clean. Front desk staff was very helpful and friendly. Coffee with fixings was always available in the lobby (although coffee maker also available in the room). My room only had a shower so if you need a bathtub, you should let the hotel know when booking a room. This wasn't a problem for me. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: My room had only a shower. Let the hotel know ahead of time if you need a room with a bathtub.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Charlie H, General Manager at Ramada San Diego North Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 19 November 2014
Thank you for your comments and I am glad that we were able to provide you with the quiet room you needed during your stay here with us. I will be sure to pass along to the Front Desk staff that they were helpful and friendly.

Thank you!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Nanticoke, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Stayed here in August 2013 while visiting my son. Nice location.. close enough for access to the highway, stores and restaurants but secluded enough for the privacy. Front desk staff was pleasant. Upon arriving, there was a piece of hair on one of the pillow cases. The hotel did replace the pillow case but not without it appearing as bothersome to them.
Room was clean and moderately upgraded. Parking was spacious and near the front door of your room. Laundry was centrally located as well as the pool.
The hotel restaurant is not family oriented and no activities for children other than the pool. Overall, a nice place to stay and worth the money.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Charlie H, General Manager at Ramada San Diego North Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Thank you Jessica for your kind words and not only is our hotel a great place for vacationers like yourself, we are a favorite for business travelers as well as we are centrally located with It is within 10 minutes of all that San Diego has to offer, including Sea World, San Diego Zoo, San Diego International Airport, Petco Park, Qualcomm Stadium, San Diego’s Gaslamp District, Historic Old Town and of course San Diego’s beautiful beaches as well.

Again thank you!
Metairie
Reviewed 6 August 2014

At check-in things appeared as if they would go smoothly on my 8 night stay. Was I ever wrong. After pre-authorizing my card for the correct amount, I woke up 2 days later to an additional authorization on the card. The front desk could not explain why I was being charged and issued a credit that would take several days to post to my account. The Friday of my stay I woke up to another significant ($900) authorization on my card and the manager seemed a little perturbed that I would come in and complain and insist that they rectify the matter immediately. He also could not tell me why this charge was made. After contacting my bank and getting the problem fixed I woke up on Saturday only to see that the $900 charge was being authorized AGAIN! So I am completely across the country, my bank is closed and I have no available funds! Thankfully I was not leaving until Monday and was able to get in touch with my bank to get the funds released back into my account so that I could pay for my rental car. This stay was a total anxiety causing nightmare. If you stay here, check your account every day!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

1 Thank Linda K
Charlie H, General Manager at Ramada San Diego North Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
First of all thank you for your comments. Sadly this is not an unusual situation when using a checking account debit card for a hotel stay. While your account is authorized it not charged and it is not unusual for banks to hold funds up to 7 business days on these types of transactions.

I often recommend to people to prepay for the entire stay prior to arrival to avoid these authorization issues.

I am glad that we were able to resolve your issue for you while you were here and I again apologize for the inconvenience that this matter caused.

Again thank you.

Travellers are raving about these San Diego hotels

Pittsburg, Kansas, United States
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This is not a top end hotel, but it was clean and the staff was helpful. The restaurant on site is not family friendly and in fact, I wouldn't rate the hotel in general as being particularly family friendly, but it is a place to stay. TV was nice and pool was useful.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
I want to thank you William for your comments and I am glad you found our hotel very nice and that the staff we helpful, I will be sure to let them know about your review.

Again thank you!
Bakersfield, California
Reviewed 18 July 2014

This used to be The Sands and likely enjoyed its heyday when Gary Lewis & The Playboys had a number one hit. Today, our "non-smoking" room had that oh-so-familiar been-smoked-in-for-years aroma, and the air in the room felt damp and musty. The A/C unit went all night, just to keep air moving (but never shut off automatically after a certain temp reached). We had air, but for a cost (constant, loud reminder that that smell really is because we're in a really old motel room).

All this could have been overlooked if the price weren't over $200 for one night (gulp). NOT worth it for the hotel is close to nothing we needed and far better rooms are available at Hotel Circle for less (the Travelodge would have been a far better choice, for example).

Finally, we would not have stayed had we not been trapped by a computer glitch between booking.com and the property which neither the manager on duty nor the booking site would honor (namely, an indication on app that cancellation cost was *free*). Cancellation was NOT free, and we lost the room and had to get it back (they were charging us for it anyway). The manager actually treated me like I was an idiot for thinking I could cancel for free (even though I showed him the button saying so on my phone app for this very reservation). I understand "policy" and "rules," but mocking a customer and showing no understanding of my view was very disconcerting coming from someone with the title of "Manager On Duty." There are countless other hotels in the San Diego area.... Next time, we will avoid this one.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank tahoeblue08
I am very sorry to hear what happened during your stay. Again I am sorry. If you would like to discuss this further with me my name is Charlie Holladay and I am the General Manager, my phone number is (858) 278-0800 or you can contact me via email at charlie@ramadasandiego.com