“Great Experience!”

Quality Suites Otay Mesa
Ranked #213 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Everytime that I travel to US, I'm used to buy some products by Amazon or other kind of website like this. As usual all the packages are sent to the hotel that I'm staying. But this time I had some surprise, the online store forgot to put my name on it. If this case had happened in another hotel I could lost all my products, but otherwise with an amazing effort to solve my case, the staff of the hotel found my packages and more than that, they provide me the shipping of another package that just arrived few days after my check-out. Great Experience!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Luciano A

Reviewed 18 July 2013

I drove towards Baja California with my family and stayed here one night to cross the border the next morning. while in mexico i realized i was missing my smart phone. when i came back to the US i checked with the front desk and the had held it for me through the weekend. i really appreciate it!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank JudithZZZ
Reviewed 8 June 2013

I have stayed here every time I go to San Diego, instead of San Ysidro .
The rooms are spacious, clean, nice amenities, very quiet. Staff are friendly and helpful.
Well cared for. Close to all San Diego attractions.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 May 2013

I find myself in Otay Mesa, California (just north of the border and east of San Diego) twice each year. I used to stay at the Holiday Inn Express until I found this property. Initially I made the switch because I liked the suite options. A couple years back the hotel came under new ownership and now I choose Quality Suites because of the staff's efforts to make my stay enjoyable. My stay being the entire work week the little pleasantries have more meaning.

In general the Otay Mesa community doesn't have all of the amenities so when I needed Dry Cleaning I received a MapQuest directions specific to my needs. The housekeeping staff were always in the midst of preparing my room when I returned from my day's work but did their best to accomodate my needs for room access without any attitude. Front desk staff regularly inquired if everything was going well and paused what they were doing to hear my response. Finally the owner really heads up the customer service parade by often walking the property and attentive whenever I had a comment.

With all of the time I spend in hotels it can often be the little things that mean the most. When I walked into my room after housekeeping the room had a really nice subtle fragrance of being clean and fresh. All of the linens were fresh and when I created a strawberry spot on my bed sheet it was changed even with my best blotting efforts making it hardly noticeable. I like this place and recommend it!

Room Tip: Getting the upgrade to a suite is really worth it if you spend time in your room for anything but sl...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank criticalresponder
Reviewed 11 April 2013

The staff and the rooms are amazing! We got a room that sleeps 6 (they say 5) for 90 bucks out the door! The free breakfast is complete and delicious. We have stayed here many times and normally the gal that keeps the breakfast items re-filled does great, but this time there was a man, and he was kinda slow and almost didn't get to eat the hot food, but it finally came. Perhaps he had a lot to do and it wasn't his fault.....Great place, one minute from the border, very safe, love this place!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 September 2012

Once I walked through the front door of this hotel I was treated like royalty. The owner is nothing like what "benboard 10" review said. The manager talked to me too, but he was nothing but respectful and helpful. I'll come back to this hotel because of the manager.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 September 2012

First off, it's NOT a comfort inn, it's Quality Inn, secondly, why advertise free hot breakfast if you're going to be so stingy that you just bring out two table spoons of eggs, four biscuits and a couple yogurts at a time when there's 20 people in the breakfast room. and they were more worried about refilling the water pitcher than the milk, food or higher end items. Don't be stingy, put it out there that's what's it there for. Pool was nice although day there was no towels, one day there was, one. Day the hottub didn't work but the second day it did. Rate was good but the property was half and half on the verge of being a good place or falling into disrepair, like the ice maker didn't work etc. The good part is the people where really nice and when you asked for things they got it for you ASAP.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family