“Loved this hotel-honest staff!”
Review of Bahia Resort Hotel

Bahia Resort Hotel
Ranked #31 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersGold level
Palmdale, California
“Loved this hotel-honest staff!”
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Decided on this hotel due to perfect location and no parking or resort fees. Loved being right on the bay with available water sports and lovely cabanas. Enjoyed relaxing at the pool and jazzuci- both at perfect temperature -after a day at the zoo! We got $10 off zoo price buying them from the hotel. Had a great happy hour at the bar before going to old town. Also got a AAA discount with free breakfast for room. Our room was recently remodeled with a garden view that included watching all the newborn ducklings in the pond outside. But the best part was I accidentally left my jewelry and the honest housekeeper turned it in, thank goodness as it had sentamental value. Will definitely plan a return trip!

2 Thank MooshiPalmdale

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,245)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
SoCal, U.S.A.
Reviewed 20 May 2012

We Stayed at the Bahia for a wedding over a weekend that was also our anniversary. I would rate the hotel as average. It is conveniently located, but if you want to feel as though you are going to be staying in luxury, that is not the case. I felt that the rooms seemed old and dingy. Perhaps the rooms were renovated, so maybe it was the color scheme that made it feel like something out of the 70's. The hotel staff gave misleading info about late check out, which was upsetting as I had planned our day around the late check out. They did nothing to help me out...and it was on the day of our anniversary. When we got to the room, it smelled of smoke. I called the front desk and they had to have someone come in and spray the room. We would have moved, but with two children it was too much work and we would have been in another part of the hotel instead of in the same building as the wedding reception. Perhaps there are other rooms on the property that are a bit more luxurious. We stayed int he building across from Check in. I think the rate is over-priced for the room quality.

Beaverton, Oregon
Reviewed 19 May 2012

I recently went to San Diego for a college reunion. I stayed at Bahia Resort Hotel in Mission Bay as a single traveler. My experience was great from the time I made the reservation through check out. I felt it was an incredible value for the price. I had an excellent view of Mission Bay from my balcony, a kitchenette, two double beds, living area with separate bath/vanity. The on site amenties were great too; a huge jacuzzi and pool, and tennis courts. The restaurant and bar staff were wonderful, as was the front desk staff. I would definately recommend this to a friend ;)

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
The ocean in CO
Reviewed 19 May 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Bahia 4 nights in April. We had a fantastic time. Our room was in a two story building with a view overlooking the marina. It had a small refrigerator, a stove, microwave and was stocked with dishes and silverware. Like other people have stated, the rooms are outdated. The pool area and grounds are great. The hotel is only two blocks from the ocean and all the downtown attractions (USS Midway, Seaport village, Petco Park) are only a short freeway drive away. Everything about the hotel was fine including the staff...my only complaint would be that the rooms need updating but we would stay there again in a minute.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TheCOPirate
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 18 May 2012

This resort was wonderful for our family vacation. The rooms were clean, the staff was friendly and the price was good. We stayed for four days. I had called the front desk twice, once for more coffee and once because I lost my key card. Both times they were very receptive and quickly responded to my requests. I don't know what all these other people are talking about. The only thing that I would change if I could, was the restaurant. Because this was a family vacation, the food choices were not very kid friendly. They did have a children's menu, but not much on the regular menu for the "tweens". We had two meals there, one of which was the breakfast buffet. The food was okay, but not great, and it was a little pricey. However, we would certainly stay there again. Thanks Bahia!

Room Tip: There are bay view, marina view and garden view rooms. We had a bay view suite and a garden view do...
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 17 May 2012

I stayed for just over a week at the end of February into March and loved the hotel. Some of the rooms are a bit tired but they are renovating now. Everyone was so helpful and friendly. I loved the location of the hotel and fell in love with San Diego. You definitely need a car to get out and about. It was my first visit there but I hope to be back!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
toronto
Reviewed 13 May 2012

Stayed 4 days, the location is NOT downtown, but it IS on the water and right there beside SeaWorld.... so you need a car for SURE..... Lots of families with kids at this resort, so it's really geared for a family - and the value is there - location great for kids.... if you're a couple, i'd recommend staying downtown close to all the city-sites....... the food is GREAT here, wonderful restaurant and staff........ for my 1st time to San Diego, i regretted that I didn't stay downtown in the core (it was 20 mins drive from Bahia) and one could get around very easy without a car in the centre..... although, no complaints about the hotel itself, great place

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple