“Customer service was top notch!!!”
Review of Bahia Resort Hotel

Bahia Resort Hotel
Ranked #29 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I stayed at the Bahia the end of July for 3 nights! From the minute I walked into the resort lobby, I was greeted with a friendly smile! Thank you Mike C. for welcoming me and my sister to your resort. Mike took very good care of us and extended his kindness to us if there is anything he could do to make our stay more enjoyable. I felt very welcome at the resort. It seemed like everyone that works that is very happy!! Lets say, that's usually not the norm. Any Bahia employee that I encountered was polite and seemed to really want to please the guest. Our hotel room was very nice. We had our own little private beach and cabana.
My sister and I were able to watch a beautiful wedding ceremony out on the beach which was alot of fun. We ate at the cafe next to the lobby. The food and service was great!
I would definitely recommend the Bahia Resort Hotel to anyone travelling to San Diego. It is within walking distant to Mission Boulevard and the beach. The resort is on the bay which is very serene and beautiful!
Oh, one more thing. There are lots of activities at the resort that add to the excitement of being there. I rode the Bahia Belle and had an amazing time!! I recommend it highly.
To wrap things up, I would recommend family and friends to this resort and thanks again to Mike C who is amazing!!

Room Tip: I stayed in room 122 which has it's own private beach and cabana's for the guest! It was ve...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 15 September 2013

My partner broke his leg on the morning before we checked in so when we arrived I was stressed out beyond belief. Scott at reception was so helpful and kind to us when we arrived. He organised a new room at no extra charge to make our stay that bit easier . All the staff we encountered were fantastic and I must mention Stephen at Guest Services who was so kind and personable and helped us find info and make calls when we had to change all our flights back to the UK.

We were travelling around California and stayed in a lot of other hotels including 5 stars but I had the best shower here by far.We had all our meals here over the 4 days as we could not leave the resort and the food was excellent and the staff in the bar /restaurant were brilliant .

The hotel is in a beautiful location and I loved meeting the rescue seals... what a nice touch!

Our room was a bit rough around the edges but immaculately clean and comfortable.

Thank you to all the staff for the help they gave us during our stay ...I would recommend this place in a heartbeat!

2  Thank GloucesterDiane
Reviewed 13 September 2013

For the past two years we've [boyfriend and I] been coming to the Bahia for my birthday and staying for a few days extra. It's been a great time. The service is excellent, the food is delicious, and the accommodations have been excellent. Everybody is friendly, always willing to help. We try to stay in the same building, and the same room. I've recommended the place to family and friends. Thank you BAHIA!!

Room Tip: The rooms with a balcony are excellent, but I'm sure any room is.
2  Thank Darlene S
Reviewed 13 September 2013 via mobile

I was there just for a day with my boyfriend and we had very good time there.The place is very nice, very clean and the staff is Great and the pool is heated!I would recommend it!and we will back on Monday!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 12 September 2013

We had our wedding at The Bahia and it was absolutely wonderful! From start to finish the catering manager that we worked with, Beth, was amazing! She answered all of our questions, was organized, and professional. She was on vacation the week of our wedding, but left us in the hands of Kadi who did an excellent job the day of our wedding. Even dealt with me when I got a little bridezilla with a smile on her face. They were both incredible.

My husband and I thought the food was absolutely delicious and so did our guests! We were told by several of them that it may have been the best food they ever had at a wedding! Especially the ice cream truffle that was served for dessert!

If I had to do it over again I would still go with The Bahia!! The hotel is so beautiful and in such a great location. The staff was so professional and on top of everything that it really took a lot of stress off my shoulders on the wedding day.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Holding our luncheon on the Bahia Belle at the Bahia Resort Hotel was a treat! Because this was not the normal location of our meetings, we were not sure how it would be received by our guests. However, everyone truly enjoyed it appreciated the change. We had a small number for this event and the Bahia Belle was perfect. The Banquet Captain and his staff were more than accommodating (we had more than we RSVP'd for!). The Banquet Coordinator was very patient with our requests and was very helpful. The food was absolutely delicious, the hospitality was great and the day was beautiful which all made for a very successful event. I look forward to the next luncheon. Many thanks to all at the Bahia Resort Hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank TAMMI L
Reviewed 11 September 2013

We like the location of the hotel. Only two minutes to hotel's private beach and in walking distance to the famous Mission beach. The bay view from our zoom was beautiful. We owed special thanks to Esperanza who showed us the stuffs in the kitchen and answered our questions patiently.