4,602 results
All reviewsprivate beachmission beachbelmont parkrescued sealsjulie deebtangier barbay view studioroller coasterbay frontsea worldtennis courtssister hotelgreat resortlounge chairssea lionssmall kitchenfamily vacation
Reviewed 21 August 2014

My group of 25 employees had a great time at the Bahia. The Del Mar meeting room was a comfortable venue for training. The entire banquet staff and serving staff were very attentive and polite. They definitely went the extra mile to make sure our needs were met. I especially appreciate Pedro who went above and beyond in helping me cart many loads of training equipment to the room! Monique also provided attentive and prompt customer service even though my meeting needs kept changing. I received raved reviews from the attendees and definitely recommend using the Bahia for meetings. It is reasonable, close to activities and you get personal service. Thank you. Laurie

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We had an incredible wedding weekend at the Bahia. Most of our guests were from out of town so we all stayed at the resort - had our rehearsal dinner at the Catamaran where the Bahia staff specially arranged for us to take a sternwheeler to/from, our ceremony in the gazebo, reception in the Mission Bay Ballroom, and day after breakfast in the Del Mar room. Everything was perfect! We were blown away by how lovely everything looked and the food was wonderful! Special thanks to Yinka and Lindsay in the catering department for making our dream wedding come true! They were always prompt in returning our emails and worked out every detail for us. When we had concerns or questions, they answered them. When we were at a loss for ideas, they had them. Thanks Bahia staff for making our wedding weekend perfect!

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade when you check in - many of our guests were placed in suites because they were available!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I have been going to the Bahia since I was a little girl. I now take my children there and they love it.
From the minute we checked in Clark Wilson, the Front Office Supervisor was attentive and tended to all our needs. He made us feel so welcome!!
The Hotel is a charming place to stay. Gardens, bay beaches, lovely restaurant, adorable sea lions in the front swimming around all make it a wonderful place to spend time.
Sea World is a 5 minute drive away too.
We love to walk to the beach and Mission Bay boardwalk. There is so much to do we are never ever bored.
My favorite part was biking riding on the bike path, we rented bike at the Bahia and had the best time. Then we rented a paddle board and went on to the bay.
I would recommend booking a room on the bay and it is so peaceful and beautiful waking up and looking outside.

Room Tip: Rooms on the bay front are super nice and beautiful
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Deidre C
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We stayed 3 nights and loved each day and night we were there. Our room overlooked the bay, the room was very spacious - King suite that comfortably accommodated my husband and I and our 4 children. The exterior of our building looks dated, but we were very happy with the inside. The staff was very helpful also. Great location! Close to San Diego, we went to a Padres game, then the rest of our vacation was the pool, beach, dining & relaxing. We had never stayed in Mission Bay before and it was perfect! The water is warmer in the bay, and better for swimming than other beaches we've been to. We rented paddle boards, ate at the hotel restaurant (great food), loved both the private beach at the resort as well as the public beach, and the pool and hot tub are fantastic. It's a huge pool, with a super shallow end roped off that our 3 year old could swim in without a life-jacket, a deep end that's perfect for diving, and a large area of 4-5' deep to play in. It really was the perfect hotel for our family.

Room Tip: We stayed in a King suite overlooking the public beach on Mission Bay, it was beautiful!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JMPierson
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Stayed 8-14-20 for a weak. This hotel was not bad but it was also not great....It was just ok! Went with a friend who had never seen the ocean. I e-mailed the hotel because the website said I would get a "prompt" response. I e-mailed 4 times to see if I could get a room by the beach...no one ever responded. The first day at this resort we went to the pool which seemed more like the YMCA with the number of children running around. We asked for towels and were told we would have to wait because a dryer had broken. We waited over two hours finally going to room to get towels. We saw pool boy giving certain people towels when asked he said they had "reserved" the towels ! The concierge service was no better! Was told they would call us back they never did! Overall the only positive thing I can say about this "resort" was its location was good and housekeeping was outstanding and probably the only helpful people at this hotel! They were prompt in cleaning the room, friendly and quick in providing us whatever we needed! Thank you housekeeping!

• Stayed: August 2014