4,598 results
All reviewsprivate beachmission beachbelmont parkrescued sealsjulie deebtangier barbay view studioroller coasterbay frontsea worldtennis courtssister hotelgreat resortlounge chairssea lionssmall kitchenfamily vacation
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I went here the other night for a nice dinner with a friend. Upon arrival we were greeted promptly and seated immediately on the gorgeous outside patio. I server Zoltar (spelling sorry!) walked over and took our drink order quickly and courteously. We both asked for waters and wine, the wine was delicious.
I asked our server for his favorite selections of entrees after we ordered Crab Cakes for appetizer. The crab cakes were TO DIE FOR, delicious with just a hint of lemon that was perfect. After we choose our entrees, Pork Spare Ribs and Scallops, we got to listen to the wonderful lounge singer and piano player.
Our entrees arrived and they were HUGE portions and super delicious. Finally we decided to order a shared dessert. We got the mint chocolate cheesecake on recommendation of Manager Joe, who had come to ask us how our meal had gone. The cheesecake was amazing. I wish we could have eaten it all.

The hotel was gorgeous and the meal was delicious. Thank you Kadi Duff for recommending my dinner here! I am so happy!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Stayed at the Bahia for 4 nights in August.
The resort is rather old and dated, in need of updating.
The restaurants are nice and child friendly, reasonably priced, good food. Took the cruise on the complementary paddle steamer and really enjoyed it.
Was pretty disappointed to get a second floor apartment when I had requested a ground floor when I booked.
Great location close to SeaWorld and on the bay.
Nice pool and plenty of family friendly activities at the resort.
There is a resident seal in an enclosure next to the restaurant which my kids loved to see every morning at breakfast.

Room Tip: Ground floor family suite
2  Thank jjspa5
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Such a nice place to stay. Love the grounds. Good location. Friendly staff
At check in we met a lovely and helpful lady. Her name is Aeriel. She was so sweat and
Informative. At breakfast we had a young man who was also informative and helpful
His name was Dave. I hope they are there to stay. Great assets to the Bahia.

Room Tip: Bay side is so beautiful and love the patio. View is great. I always get this side of hotel. Rooms are very nice.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 August 2014

The grounds and amenities of the Bahia were gorgeous and very well maintained. The pool area was beautiful as was the wedding gazebo an restaurant. Although the rooms were very spacious and afforded lovely views
of Mission Bay, they were somewhat outdated. The kitchenette and balcony were welcome additions. Our rooms were on the second floor of the main building facing east where we saw the fireworks every night from Sea World.
The only downside was in our room the glass shelf in bathroom was missing as were the white gauzy curtains. The sliding doors desperately needed some WD 40. The location is superb and we enjoyed kayaking in the bay.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the main building facing east 2nd floor
1  Thank fredddddddddy
Reviewed 22 August 2014

This was our third family trip to the Bahia, so we have some perspective, have stayed in multiple room types, and can provide some insight into your stay. Our kids are now 14, 16 and 19.
First, this is a family resort. When I read the other reviews, I consistently see business travelers and couples providing low ratings. It is not, in my opinion, the type of place you stay if you are looking for luxury or romance. It is perfect for families. There are lots of kids of all ages, and as such, your child will find friends immediately, which is frankly all that younger children want in a vacation.
This time we stayed in a marina suite, which is approximately 600 sq. feet right on the sand overlooking the Bahia Belle and other boats. It is a perfect location. There are two stories, and we requested the bottom floor, which turned out to be a great call. You simply open your sliding glass door and you are on the sand. There are cabana chairs out front, and there was never any problem getting one if that is where you want to spend your day. The room had a pull out couch (which my kids complained was not comfortable). We ended up bring a cot, which one kid slept on, using the fold out couch, and the third child slept on the other couch. There is a separate bedroom with a queen size bed where we slept. It has a full bathroom with tub/shower, and double sinks. They provide a blow dryer, shampoo/conditioner/body lotion, cotton balls, soap, etc.
There is also a kitchen with a mini fridge. It is a decent size built in under the cabinets. There is a microwave, stove, sink with disposal, coffee maker (very small - we brought our own and were happy that we did), silverware, pots, plates/bowls, etc.
There are two plasma tvs. We brought our own DVD player, but had to go to Best Buy while there to purchase the cables necessary to hook it up on these somewhat outdated tvs. The tvs have cable, HBO, and standard channels, (including comedy central and nick for kids), but no on demand movies.
There is a very large jacuzzi (it says 30 people max) and pool that is very nice. On Tuesdays and Saturdays they use an inflatable screen and play childrens' movies at the pool, while providing free popcorn and drinks. While we were there they played "the Lego Movie" and "the Smurfs."
Rather than eating at the hotel, we walked a block away and you are on the boardwalk at Mission Beach. We got fast food and brought it back to the hotel so we could enjoy the view from our balcony while we ate dinner. There is a good pizza place (Luigi's), Mexican (Robertos), Greek (Kojack's) and even gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches (CheesyExpress) all within a block.
While on this trip, we went to Sea World (we got tickets that were $50 for adults); and the San Diego Zoo.
The highlight of our trip was that we brought two bikes and rode along the bike path (approximately 12 miles mostly flat ride) around the bay. It is spectacular. The path goes by private homes, rentals, the Catamaran Spa (sister property), the public beach and campgrounds, and ends by the Sea World parking lot, back to the Bahia. A really lovely ride.
We usually choose a room on the top floor to avoid the noise of people walking over your head. This time we brought our wave machine with us - again, a great call. We never heard a sound while we slept.
The property has ducks all around, and they are very tame and come up to children and let you feed them.
The first two times we were here, we stay in the Deluxe Bay Front Suites, which are separate bungalow buildings with full kitchens. I think I liked that better. It has a king size bed for the adults. But my kids like the Marina Suite better because they said it had more room (it is laid out nicely in the living room).
Warning: the interior rooms are dark and nothing special. I would highly recommend either the Marina Suite or the Deluxe Bay Front Suite.

Room Tip: Choose either the Marina Suites or the Deluxe Bay Front Suites
3  Thank dda4life