“Get Away”

Wyndham Garden San Diego near SeaWorld
Ranked #220 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We checked in on March 18, 2014 for 4 days . They would not take cash for our full stay room rate, they wanted a money order or credit card. Disappointed! The room looked way better on the web. We rented a king bed with a pull out sofa. It was my husband and myself, but we wanted room. The bed needed to be updated with a new mattress. The bathroom was so close to the bed, I could take just three steps and be in the bathroom, and the vanity was within arms reach of the bed. I felt like I was in a box. They had a team of cable workers staying there and they were so noisy, walking back and forth all night. I asked to be moved, they said they couldn't until the next day. We stayed where we were, we didn't want to have to move all our stuff after unpacking the night before. The restaurant (Dun- par's) connected to the hotel was wonderful, the food was really good, but the prices were a little high. The pool area was not so nice, no clean towels when I used it and the water looked a little cloudy. When we checked out 4 days later, they asked us how our stay was. We told them again about the people upstairs, they gave us a credit of 40.00, our room rate was 117.00, so they still made money. I would not stay at this hotel again and I would not recommend it to my friends.

Room Tip: If you do use this hotel, be on the top floor, the bottom is way too noisy.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
brenda g, General Manager at Wyndham Garden San Diego near SeaWorld, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear Janell,
I apologize if requesting a credit card inconvenienced you but it is a standard, in the industry, to do so. I rarely make exceptions on that one. Nevertheless, I appreciate your constructive feedback, regarding the pull-out sofa in your room. If you could contact me and let me know the room you stayed in, I will evaluate the condition of the pull-out sofa. Please return to us, when in San Diego; and I will assure you a wonderful stay and pleasant nights sleep.
Best,

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Reviewed 24 March 2014

My wife of 31yrs and I found ourselves needing a semi long term place to reside while work is being done on our home and we chose the Wyndham Garden Hotel on 3737 Sports Arena Blvd.. I gotta say we could not have be blessed with better staff to listen to our individual needs as well as and personal security of the grounds of which we now reside.

Hey don't take my word for it.....find out for yourself!!! Just ask for "Dora or Justin", (I'm sure any of the staff working will do but these two wonderful folks are who we've had the pleasure of seeing to our particular needs/requests) and all your travel/shot term housing needs will be fulfilled.

Signed, 2 happy customers.......:o) Dennis & Patricia

Room Tip: Rooms up on the 3rd floor might be more fun to watch the Sea World fireworks show that starts aprox...

Dear Dennis and Patricia,
I will make sure Dora and Justin realize how pleased you were with the service they provided, as that is what they strive for. I to am blessed to have such a kind and caring team. Thank you so much for appreciating the hotel and the staff.
I hope we see you soon...

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Had a family roomBathrooms outdated. Terrible a/c. only kept front room cold door had huge gap when closed put towel down. Great location for mussion island sea world

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Thomas,
I apologize if our bathrooms did not meet your expectations. However, we have remodeled the bathrooms in almost every guest room. Our lobby and pool were remodeled at the same time. The pool and deck are both new and the hotel guests are pleased with the outcome.
PLease visit us again, when you are in San Diego.

Best,

Reviewed 22 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 March 2014

We booked this room the day before we were leaving. I am always scared to book rooms online because websites and pictures can be tricky. Let me just say the front desk staff was awesome and the cleaning staff was excellent and timely. We booked this room on bookit.com for $65 a night, $35 cheaper than anybody else and $45 cheaper than the hotel reservation desk. We are kind of hotel snobs, my wife especially, we have not stayed at an outside door hotel since New Kids on the Block was popular. Anyway we were trying to squeeze in a vacation on the cheap thanks to an unexpected root canal that drained our vacation fund. We were shockingly surprised at how clean the room was, plus we got an upgrade to a suite for FREE and we did not even ask. Now understand it is an older remodeled hotel and it is not perfect but the room and bedding were very clean. For the price you cannot beat it. The location felt safe even though the area did not. They have a 24 hour security guard that was constantly walking around. The pool was nice but crowded and I found it a little funny that the pool was next to the restaurant. I felt like people were watching us like we were fish in an aquarium but no big deal. The parking spaces are small but I did not see it to be that big of a deal either. Even the couch bed was super clean. My one negative is they have the A/C rigged to cut-off while you are gone but it is California so not to bad of a problem. I will end with this, my wife said she would stay here again even if we could afford nicer accomadations. That my friend is amazing. Hope your stay is as good as ours was.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 21 March 2014

This place was awesome! It was very comfortable and was in the perfect location for the Valley View Casino across the way. My stay here was an absolute delight.