“Enjoyable”

Wyndham Garden San Diego near SeaWorld
Ranked #220 of 278 Hotels in San Diego

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
Laguna Niguel, California
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I've never been to a Wyndham hotel so I thought I would take advantage of a Groupon deal. OMG from the moment we arrived the front desk was not welcoming. They insisted on taking a photo of my drivers license which I objected to.l The room was old and small and smelled so strongly of bleach that I got a headache. We always check air, phone and tv immediately because they sometimes aren't working. They had two TVS that had issues I called at 1pm and later at 4pm. MARIA at the front desk was rude and never apologized for the trouble. The technician arrived and told us he wanted to replace one of the tvs and it would be another hour. He could not have been nicer but, we weren't about to sit around on our time to get tvs fixed that should have been fixed before we got there. I would never stay here again and I would think twice about booking another groupon deal. I should of done my homework and read some reviews before purchasing this deal. By the way the surrounding area has strip clubs and a casino nothing to look at.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Antioch, California
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

Booked the family suit for our family The room is decent but a little on the older side. With the cheap rate it's what we get. The parking spots are a little tight but if your able to park in the garage the spots are bigger. Parker at the reception desk was polite when checking in.

Stayed May 2014
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Let me start by saying that I am a Wyndham rewards member and have stayed at many of their properties over the years and this was by far the worst Wyndham property I have visited. I stayed here with my family while searching for a place to live in San Diego due to my relocation on military orders. When I called and spoke to Jason the manager, he was great; gave me a great military rate and could accommodate my pets, even waived the pet fee. Our room was located on the first floor and the sidewalk around the room was blocked off with caution tape and a trashcan due to new paint on the concrete. The room had a wall and sliding doors separating the two full beds and bathroom from a living area with a small sofa and TV. The air conditioner was connected to a motion sensor in the bedroom and kept shutting off when my wife and I were on the sofa watching TV. Maintenance disconnected the sensor and it worked for the night, however it smelled wet and continued too even after the next day being out of the room. The carpet was so dirty my son's feet were black after walking on it for only about 30 minutes, and we found ants in our cats food. Additionally, like I said we were looking for a house so internet was extremely important so we could search and the first night I tried in vain to connect my wife's computer to their WiFi for over an hour, 3 calls to tech support and still no luck. My computer worked, my iPhone worked my wife's computer would not connect at all. I spoke to the staff about the issue and we were moved to a room on the 3rd floor, supposedly next to a WiFi access point. The WiFi did work but it was a 802.11b connection so we were limited to 11Mbps even if the source could have provided more bandwidth. The carpet in the second room was still dirty and we just wore socks or sandals when in the room so we didn't have to wash our feet after walking around. They did not have availability for us to stay beyond Friday night so I asked for a late check out on Saturday morning because I had scheduled 2 properties to visit Saturday morning as part of my house search. The front desk informed me they were sold out for Saturday night and could not allow a late check out, after protesting and reminding them of Active Duty Military status and Wyndham Rewards status they said we could be allowed a late check out of 12:30, the normal check out time is 12:00. Not much of an accommodation if you ask me. I will not stay at this Wyndham again, nor will I recommend it for any family or friends.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Brian M

Travellers are raving about these San Diego hotels

Orange, California
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Price was great. The lobby looks very new and professional. Very good first impression, outstanding staff. Then I got into the room. It was called a mini-suite. What they did was take a regular hotel room and put a wall in the middle. So you have a very small living room area and a very small bedroom with barely any room to get around the bed. The A/C is in the living room and a very noisy fan was supposed to move air into the bedroom. When I say noisy, I mean coffee-grinder noisy. Ear plugs barely helped. I had to leave the fan on because the A/C shut itself off when we were out for the evening and when we retuned the room was very hot. With the A/C on and the noisy fan running, the bedroom was tolerable after two or three hours of restless sleep.
Also it's in a great part of town if you a re a fan of strip clubs and Topless joints. Not the kind of place you'd want to go out after dark and just walk around.
The rooms are basically just like an old motor lodge with nothing fancy. I've stayed at other Wyndham hotels in San Diego and they are nice. This one did not at all uphold the Wyndham standards I've come to expect.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple