“Do not waste your money”

Wyndham Garden San Diego near SeaWorld
Ranked #221 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I have never written a review before but felt I had to this time. We are on a family vacation and our next stop is Sea World, which is why we chose this location. We were also drawn to the bunk beds in the family suite-the kids were so excited about that! First, they were redoing the parking lot which caused an inconvenience getting to our room as well as getting to the pool, although this was understandable and could be overlooked. However, what could not be overlooked was the horribly disgusting smell coming from the a/c units, the multiple dark stains all over the un-vacuumed floor, the smears on the bathroom wall that had not been wiped off, the fingerprints all over the glass that had obviously not been cleaned, the broken closet door, and the uncomfortable beds. Our daughter was so disgusted by the floors that she wouldn't even walk barefoot on them!! This place was a HUGE disappointment after staying at a different Wyndham resort the night before. Couldn't get out of this hotel fast enough!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Christine W
Write a ReviewReviews (2,327)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I liked that the suite had distinctly separate rooms divided by a wall and door--we didn't need it but it was a nice touch just the same.

As for the location, meh. The hotel's on a wide busy street somewhat near freeways, so nothing to go crazy over.

Room Tip: There's a pool, which didn't look all that clean. Still, a couple of families were enjoying...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I got a deal for a kids suite through groupon. It was to have bunk beds and a king size bed separated by doors. I didn't pay a whole lot, and the reviews were not great so I was a bit worried. After our 8 hour drive, I went to check I , only to be told they don't have our room. Ummmm WHAT?! The lady at the desk said but we upgraded your room, it has a queen, a pull out couch and a kitchen. Now, what the hell am I going to do with a kitchen at 9pm....sleep on it??? We paid for three beds... I asked her "why did you give our room away?" She said "we didn't" I looked at their offered room before we checked In and it wasn't going to work. We got back to the office and she tells me that she just took the kids suite from another family that ACTUALLY booked it..ummm I ACTUALLY BOOKED IT. I have PROOF...EMAIL CONFIRMATION!!!!! It was actually the ONLY reason we chose this hotel. We got to our room eventually.. It was ok and really what I expected for the most part. There was tape holding the carpet to the tile and the carpet could use a good cleaning, but it was otherwise just fine. We didn't pay a lot so really I wasn't expecting a lot. Oddly enough, I WAS expecting to get the room I paid for in full in advance, without a fight.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 June 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kat S
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

The grandkids loved having their own room with bunk beds, kid sized table and tv! If they are happy we are happy! I would recommend this place to sleep for a small family. ***********************************************************

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Mission Bay Park
The Dana on Mission Bay
The Dana on Mission Bay
#46 of 286 in San Diego

Been to Wyndham Garden San Diego near SeaWorld? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Wyndham Garden San Diego near SeaWorld

Address: 3737 Sports Arena Blvd, San Diego, CA 92110-5131 (Formerly Mission Plaza Hotel & Suites)
Region: United States > California > San Diego
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #221 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
Price Range: £59 - £137 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Wyndham Garden San Diego near SeaWorld 3*
Just one mile to SeaWorld, the hotel is located just minutes from San Diego's best attractions including SeaWorld San Diego, Mission Bay, Old Town, Downtown, Gaslamp Quarter and the world famous San Diego Zoo. Mission Beach, one of San Diego's most popular beaches, is located two miles away, and Mission Valley and Fashion Valley Malls are both within three miles. Popular restaurants and shops are within walking distance of the hotel. This San Diego hotel has one bedroom Junior Suites that will give you and your family the comfort you desire while you enjoy your San Diego vacation. Has special Kids Mini Suites, with a custom-designed bedroom for kids separated from a bedroom area for parents, are perfect for families with children. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Wyndham Garden San Diego near SeaWorld reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Wyndham Garden San Diego Near Seaworld Hotel San Diego