“a pleasant stay”

Ranked #222 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Alhambra, California
“a pleasant stay”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We stayed here for our family trip in San Diego in mid-June. The hotel has nice settings and is close to SeaWorld. The room is very quiet and clean. The hotel staff is fantastic and helpful. Overall a very good experience.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We had a great stay and the staff was amazing. We were there on tour and all our requests and needs were met. The rooms were nice and comfortable. The staff was outgoing and friendly. We will stay here again next time we come.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Had a reservation for July 14th and chose this hotel because of the available "airport shuttle service" since my flight was July 15th at 0630. Unfortunately, I was not allowed to check in before 3pm and when I returned a short time later, I was forced to stand in line from 3:45 until 4:45 ~ yes, that's one hour to check-in. Apparently, there was a national softball playoff group in town with many teams staying at this hotel. Nevertheless, no provisions were made for these people who were all pre-booked and no extra staff was added to accommodate this sea of people, all of which were forced to wait until after 3:00 to check-in. The lobby was packed with families and we were snaked around to the back but VERY visible to the management. It would have been nice to allow us to check-in when we arrived even if we had to take possession of the room later. This would have minimized the wait. Upon arriving at room 513 in "D" building, I made it inside to discover mold in the bath and a cracked sink (at first I thought it was someone's old hair). The room was dark and musty and one room away from the elevator, so very noisy. Parking was next to impossible even for check-in as there are very few spaces to leave the car and even then the spaces are so narrow, one must get out before pulling in completely. This room was NOT inexpensive as the room charge was $183, but I figured with the "shuttle service" to the airport in the morning the price was worth it. During check-in I asked the desk clerk, how long a trip was it to the airport on the shuttle and what time was the shuttle's first trip? She informed me it was 0930 am (really??). What about those of us that have to catch an early flight to the airport? I've never stayed at a hotel with "airport shuttle service" that doesn't start running before the first flight out of the airport. A first for everything!! I was advised I could have a cab pick me up to the tune of $23 + tip in the morning. As I had no option, I agreed to the cab. The clerk stated the shuttle only runs when the driver feels like it and there's no set schedule ~ SERIOUSLY, this is no way to do business. With the added cost I may as well have stayed downtown at a nicer hotel for more money, because in the long run I ended paying as much or more than a 4 star hotel, but definitely with less than 1 star service. Beware of the ads running for the Wyndham on their website! Can you say bait and switch? I would not recommend this hotel to anyone who needs to be at the airport and is depending on the shuttle. Nor would I recommend the cleanliness or quality of the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these San Diego hotels

Lewiston, Idaho
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I cannot write this review based on my visit, because I DID NOT stay after the way we were treated by hotel management. Called to ask questions prior to arrival. The front desk put me on hold to speak with someone else (no name was given). After holding for 5 minutes, I was handed off to a woman who basically answered the phone with "what do you want?". From that moment on, it was all downhill for me. She was rude, mean, and completely unreasonable...FOR NO REASON. I only wanted to ask questions regarding hotel policy. I asked her to cancel my reservation on the spot. She then said I would be charged regardless. At that point, I was just done. If you are having a bad day, taking it out on customers is NOT OK.

Yours truly,
A huge Marriott fan

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Sugar Land
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

This is one of the worst hotel rooms I've stayed in in a long time. There's a strange wall separating the sleeping area from a sitting area but no air conditioning on the other side of the wall. You have to turn on a noisy fan in the wall to get any of the air to the back room. In addition the wireless Internet did not work. The remote control for the TV did not work. The mirror was falling off the back of the door. And even the ironing board didn't work properly! I got to believe that there's something in the area that is better. Pass this hotel by and take a gamble on something else.

Stayed July 2014
Days Inn and Suites Sea World
#223 of 279 in San Diego
Mission Valley / Hotel Circle
Comfort Inn & Suites Zoo / SeaWorld Area

Been to Wyndham Garden San Diego near SeaWorld? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Wyndham Garden San Diego near SeaWorld

Property: Wyndham Garden San Diego near SeaWorld
Address: 3737 Sports Arena Blvd, San Diego, CA 92110-5131 (Formerly Mission Plaza Hotel & Suites)
Region: United States > California > San Diego
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #222 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££
Hotel Class:3 star — Wyndham Garden San Diego near SeaWorld 3*
Just one mile to SeaWorld, the hotel is located just minutes from San Diego's best attractions including SeaWorld San Diego, Mission Bay, Old Town, Downtown, Gaslamp Quarter and the world famous San Diego Zoo. Mission Beach, one of San Diego's most popular beaches, is located two miles away, and Mission Valley and Fashion Valley Malls are both within three miles. Popular restaurants and shops are within walking distance of the hotel. This San Diego hotel has one bedroom Junior Suites that will give you and your family the comfort you desire while you enjoy your San Diego vacation. Has special Kids Mini Suites, with a custom-designed bedroom for kids separated from a bedroom area for parents, are perfect for families with children. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Wyndham Garden San Diego near SeaWorld reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Wyndham Garden San Diego Near Seaworld Hotel San Diego