“Very plesant experience!!!!”

Holiday Inn Express Sea World
Ranked #166 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 4 April 2006

Our recent stay at this hotel was such a pleasant experience; I can't say enough positive things about it and felt compelled to pass them along. I would "echo" all positive comments I read above regarding spacious rooms and clean bedding which almost appeared to be new. All the public areas we were in, i.e. hallway, lobby, etc. appeared to have been remodeled recently. The hallway was wide, well lighted, attractive and very safe feeling. The staff were helpful and represented their jobs very well. Parking is "tight" but safe, no charge, and available. It is true the pool is on the small side and view not the best, but above things far out weighed these. Breakfast bar was very adequate and the lady who attended to it was so nice. I too cannot imagine the previous negative comments stayed at this particular Holiday Inn Express??? All in all this stay made my first trip to San Diego a very pleasant one. I would highly recommend to any family visiting the Sea World area or any part of SanDiego for that matter. Thanks to Holday Inn Express for providing a quality experience.

7  Thank DON P

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 28 March 2006

We stayed for a single night in February 2006 en route to a conference/exhibition. Very pleased with the size and cleanliness of rooms. 2 queen beds plus a fold-out from the couch was at a great rate for us "budget" travelers. Lobby was welcoming and clean, and desk personnel were very helpful with recommendations and directions for local dining and attractions. Continental breakfast was generously diverse and well-stocked. Covered parking was attractive & comfortably safe. As grad students, we probably have lower standards than business or family travelers, but we were definately impressed and would visit again (even on business or with a family)!

• Stayed: February 2006, travelled on business
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 March 2006

I recently stayed at this establishment(Mar 24th-25th)and enjoyed the visit. There were 5 people in our group, 4 adults and one small child, and the deluxe room with 2 queen beds definately met our needs.

Our deluxe room was very spacious, two queen beds, a small sofa w/ small coffee table, mini refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, desk w/ chair, dresser, and nightstand. The bathroom had a very large vanity area, a wonderful bathtub/shower that was equipped with the infamous curved shower rod so that the curtain never touches you.(Kudos to the inventor!)

The continential breakfast exceeded our expectations- It included items such as: Coffee, Juice, Milk, Hot Chocolate, Bagels w/ Cream Cheese, Pastries, Toast, Fresh Fruit, Yogurt, Hard Boiled Eggs, selection of 3-4 cold cereals and instant oatmeal... and let us not forget the infamous cinnamon rolls! The were great!!! The breakfast area was very clean, and continuously monitored/stocked by the very friendly & efficient staff.

The staff was very helpful & courteous in directions to local attractions, restaurants, etc.

As I had read in reviews prior to making our reservation, the parking garage has the potential to be a little tight, however my husband had no problem in manuvering our full size Ford pickup in and out of spaces.

Overall, this hotel was a great value for our the money, very close to Sea World. We would recommend this establishment to our family & friends, and choose to stay here again on our future San Diego adventures.

4  Thank jhansenTucson
Reviewed 23 March 2006

I'm not sure that the previous reviewer stayed at the same hotel.
The Holiday Inn Express SeaWorld San Diego is in a great location, and for the money I don't know where else you'd find this quality of accomodation right in the city.
Breakfast was certainly included - and the woman who looked after the breakfast area was friendly and worked non-stop to make sure that everything was replentished.
The staff were also very friendly and able to provide directions to all of our destinations.
The rooms are large and clean, with the only downside being that the view from the room was of some run down housing. We kept one set of the drapes closed.
Parking was never a problem for us - for the 3 nights we stayed, we actually parked on the street right in front of the hotel and never had to use the garage. There were several casual restaurants in the area which we were able to walk to at night.
If I am ever fortunate enough to visit San Diego again, I would not hestitate staying at this hotel.

2  Thank JaniceLD
Arizona
Reviewed 21 March 2006

I am puzzled by the favorable reviews...the rooms smelled very moldy, bathroom floor tile grout was half-missing, there were rust stains in our bathtub, the heater blew our curtains up over the window to expose our room, our toilet ran the entire 3 days, breakfast was NOT included even though the site said it was, and homeless bums hung out across from our room. Parking was horrible for anything larger than a compact car, and our second floor room section was not accessible by elevator. Lugging our suitcases up the metal stairs was a challenge. The vending machines in our building were all broken, and there wasn't an onsite restaurant (there is one next door). The desk clerk didn't even know how to get to the airport and had to just give us a map. Will never stay here again...pick a different hotel!

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 19 March 2006

I had read the reviews posted on this site of several hotels prior to making my reservations in San Diego. I am very happy to say that all the prior reviews were absolutely correct regarding the Holiday Inn Express. The staff at this hotel are awesome and were able to answer all my questions, give accurate directions etc. making my first trip to this area most comfortable. The parking garage is tight and my mid-size rental ended up being a mini van but I had no trouble working my way in and out of parking spots. My room had a small kitchenette which was most helpful. I bought a few groceries and was able to eat supper in my room. The hotel is close to highways and it never took me more than 15-20 min to reach my destination. I would definately recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

1  Thank hikinggal
Fullerton, CA
Reviewed 18 March 2006

I had read the reviews on trip advisor, which led us to stay at the Holiday Inn Sea World. Granted the price was much less than nicer places in San Diego -- and now we know why. Our hotel room view was of the freeway and a dry dock junk boat yard. Rooms were okay. Mold on the bathroom ceiling. Kithenette meant small fridge and mini microwave in the room. Okay if you're on a tight budget, and very close to sea world but not a nice neighborhood. The pool was tiny and crammed in the parking lot.

• Stayed: February 2006