Luckily we got this through Hotwire.com so we got a great deal. When we arrived I heard where our room was and upgraded to what they said was a larger room with a patio to the garden area and real close to the pool. I really wonder what the original room size would have been because the room was crowded. I admit there were 4 of us, 2 adult, and 2 three year old twins. But still, it was compact. The upgrade cost a little but I was able to bargain a bit so again, for the price we paid this was ok, but had we paid the prices they ask on their webpages I'd have been furious.
The carpets were filthy in our room, the a/c was really loud, it only had 2 fan settings, hurricane and tornado. Luckily it was pretty cool the days we were staying there so didn't have it on at night. The walls are pretty thin so if you stay there you better hope you don't have any partying neighbors. There was a group a few rooms down from us out on their patio pretty late making a bunch of noise and we could hear like they were right next to us. We called the frond desk about that though and they took care of that quickly so that's one plus point for them. The buildings seemed a bit aged and could use some better upkeep. The bathroom had some bugs in it and the shower head was broke causing water to spray all over the ceiling as well.
Paying all the extras for parking, daily charges etc was kind of annoying but at least we knew beforehand that we'd have those charges so they didn't come as a surprise and cannot really complain about that.
They have a shuttle to Sea World but the times they go and pick you up weren't that great. We ended up taking the shuttle there and a taxi back. But you can walk, we just had two young kids with us who'd walked all over sea world so didn't feel like making them walk back to the hotel either.
We had drinks at the FireFly but almost had to leave since no one would come take our order. Someone showed us to our seats and said they'd be right with us and even came back 5 min later to say someone is coming right away but we still waited way too long. Right when we were about to leave someone finally came to take our order.
They have weekend movie nights and they told us they'd end at 9pm but it was actually 10pm. That's not a big deal for us since we were still awake and it didn't seem to bother our sleeping kids, but if you are someone that likes to go to bed early, don't stay anywhere near the pool.
The pools are nice and it was cool that there are 2 nice pools to choose from. One of them even has a big sand box next to it with all kinds of sand toys available for the kids to play with. There was even a water faucet built in for them to get water to help wet the sand for building castles etc. That was a huge hit with our kids.
Overall I'm ok that we stayed for the price we got through hotwire but I wouldn't go there again, nor would I recommend it to anyone. Try someplace else :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A waterfront resort enveloped by tropical landscaping, The Dana on Mission Bay, BW Premier Collection delivers an exceptional lodging experience in a casual, relaxed atmosphere. Rest comfortably in a well-appointed guestroom or two-room suite overlooking Mission Bay. Delight in such quality amenities as two outdoor, heated swimming pools, fitness center, private marina, and watersport and bicycle rentals on site. Our location is both family- and business-friendly. The Dana on Mission Bay, BW Premier Collection is less than one mile to Mission Beach and Belmont Park. We're the closest hotel to SeaWorld San Diego and a short drive to the San Diego Zoo. And the San Diego Convention Center is equally convenient. In short, the only thing we overlook is the bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Dana on Mission Bay, BW Premier Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Dana On Mission Bay Hotel San Diego
- Dana On Mission Bay Hotel
- Dana Mission Bay