“Horrible!! Do not stay Here!!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites San Diego Mission Bay
Ranked #94 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Horrible!! Do not stay Here!!”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Where to start? The hotel was a nightmare to get into and parking was even worse. They were remodeling, even thought the site said he was remodeled in 2012, and they had 4 spots in the parking garage full of new furniture. That night the room above us was used to assemble furniture for the remodel and it sounded like they were going to fall through the ceiling at any minute. My wife, 3 daughters and I got almost no sleep that night. I called and complained but nothing was done about the noise. I spoke with management about the noise the next morning and was told I would be compensated for our stay and never was and it would not happen again. that morning at breakfast we arrived 45 minutes before the end of service to find no food. we had to ask for them to bring food out and they acted like it was a problem. we were not the only guest trying to eat. by the time I helped my 3 children eat I got almost nothing before the lady began dumping the food out. I left hungry. that night we returned to the room to find they had not fully serviced the room and had the air turned off and the room hot and stuffy. the air conditioners are not continuos even on fan never making the room comfortable. That night they were loading the uhaul until 10 pm with the old furniture right outside our room. we could here the workers yelling and banging the furniture. we were already tired from no sleep and even more tired from our da of fun and could not relax. no sooner had they ended outside they began again upstairs with more banging around. Again I went to the desk and nothing was done. so I went upstairs and banged on the door. they continued without answering the door, I kept banging and banging and they just blew me off. The next morning we went down for breakfast and there was so ittle food that the guest were all hanging around waiting to eat and they were bringing out only small amounts. I decided to take my family to McDonalds instead. We returned late that night to find our room again not fully serviced. We left at 3am and will never return here again.

Room Tip: If you want a good room go elsewhere.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank Desi-Allen-73

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
San Diego, United States
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Nice area, being near Pacific Beach. Kind of sketchy area, located near a storage unit. Smaller than the other La Quinta's, but was not too much of a hassle. Parking entrance and exit is limited and tight. Overall, good for a one-night stay. Never had the breakfast buffet, but always was enticing with the smell upon checking out the next day. Nice it's a offered to all guests!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

San Diego, United States
Reviewed 2 June 2014

good stay in San Diego for the "San Diego Jazz Fest" The Jazz venue was approx 30 miles away, but it was a comfortable ride going/ coming . The house staff personnel was very good at what they do. They were very helpful with service/information and they all had a pleasant smile. It was a wonderful week-end thanks for your hospitally.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank Leland W
Williams
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Upon arrival I checked into my room which was on the 4th floor with a balcony overlooking the pool. The room was excellent. Bed was very comfortable. Room was very clean and it had a refrigerator, microwave and coffee machine. Everything you need for a short stay. The staff were super nice and friendly. Only thing I was not impressed with was the parking lot by the lobby. Very small and hard for a midsize car to turn around. On the other floor, around the building, the parking area was larger. I suppose it's to be expected in San Diego. Parking and Wi-Fi was free. I would stay here again on my next trip to SD. Close to Mission Bay and Balboa Park.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Delija M
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 1 June 2014

love the people love to the hotel love the area front desk people rocked and housekeeping was awesome all my needs were met and even the dog loved it there would go back a million times over and suggest anybody looking for a place in San Diego check them out

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Acton, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 25 May 2014

This is a great location to all the San Diego attractions. It is clean, comfortable with a full breakfast. A great value. The pool is small, but a nice feature for the end of your day. There are several restaurants within walking distance that had good food. The only negatives were this city location had no grassy area and some traffic noise.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Great hotel for the value but a little off the beaten path. Not very easy to find. The front desk personnel were exceptional, very friendly and extremely helpful. We arrived earlier than the scheduled check-in and were able to get in to our specified room preference immediately. The room was very clean and spacious enough for our needs, but not much of a view but that was ok since we didn't spend a lot of time there. An added perk was the breakfast every morning. Very happy with our accommodations.

• Stayed May 2014