“Not as nice as the pictures”

La Quinta Inn & Suites San Diego Mission Bay
Ranked #91 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 6 July 2014

The room was small and the bathroom was hard to get into with the door. The AC unit needed to be cleaned as it had a musty odor. Not bad for the price and location but just a few tweaks could make this a really nice place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Nichole H

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Super clean and modern motel near Mission Bay. Free parking and hot breakfast. Easy to find, near shopping and restaurants of all price ranges. Would recommend to everyone visiting San Diego. Will definitely stay again at this or other La Quinta properties.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Philip R
Reviewed 18 June 2014

stayed there with my family since we were going to visit SeaWorld. It is conveniently close to SeaWorld. The breakfast was packed in the morning but there was definitely a lot to chose from. Not just your regular coffee and cereal breakfast there was eggs and waffles and many other things. The parking is very tricky so anyone traveling I'd recommend a smaller car. The desk people were very friendly. Rooms were clean and the beds were so comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We were moderately satisfied with our stay. For what appears to be an older place, the appearance was maintained well. When we first got there, parking is a problem. The parking spots are too close, anything other than a compact car would not fit. Surrounding area to park on the street, questionable .
I made the mistake of forgetting my slippers, I went barefoot in my room . Getting into bed that night, the bottoms of my feet were black from the dirt and grease of the carpeting. I had to make sure I wore shoes at all times in the room.
Sheets and bedspreads, many, many stains. My coffee make was never emptied, nor coffee replenished. I had to chase down housekeeping to get some.
Day shift of the front desk, very nice. Night shift, not so much.Breakfast, very nice. Towels and bathroom area, very nice. Having the ability to open a window for fresh air, very nice. Water, coffee and snacks available in lobby 24 hrs.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Deb P
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Where to start? The hotel was a nightmare to get into and parking was even worse. They were remodeling, even thought the site said he was remodeled in 2012, and they had 4 spots in the parking garage full of new furniture. That night the room above us was used to assemble furniture for the remodel and it sounded like they were going to fall through the ceiling at any minute. My wife, 3 daughters and I got almost no sleep that night. I called and complained but nothing was done about the noise. I spoke with management about the noise the next morning and was told I would be compensated for our stay and never was and it would not happen again. that morning at breakfast we arrived 45 minutes before the end of service to find no food. we had to ask for them to bring food out and they acted like it was a problem. we were not the only guest trying to eat. by the time I helped my 3 children eat I got almost nothing before the lady began dumping the food out. I left hungry. that night we returned to the room to find they had not fully serviced the room and had the air turned off and the room hot and stuffy. the air conditioners are not continuos even on fan never making the room comfortable. That night they were loading the uhaul until 10 pm with the old furniture right outside our room. we could here the workers yelling and banging the furniture. we were already tired from no sleep and even more tired from our da of fun and could not relax. no sooner had they ended outside they began again upstairs with more banging around. Again I went to the desk and nothing was done. so I went upstairs and banged on the door. they continued without answering the door, I kept banging and banging and they just blew me off. The next morning we went down for breakfast and there was so ittle food that the guest were all hanging around waiting to eat and they were bringing out only small amounts. I decided to take my family to McDonalds instead. We returned late that night to find our room again not fully serviced. We left at 3am and will never return here again.

Room Tip: If you want a good room go elsewhere.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank Desi-Allen-73
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Nice area, being near Pacific Beach. Kind of sketchy area, located near a storage unit. Smaller than the other La Quinta's, but was not too much of a hassle. Parking entrance and exit is limited and tight. Overall, good for a one-night stay. Never had the breakfast buffet, but always was enticing with the smell upon checking out the next day. Nice it's a offered to all guests!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2014

good stay in San Diego for the "San Diego Jazz Fest" The Jazz venue was approx 30 miles away, but it was a comfortable ride going/ coming . The house staff personnel was very good at what they do. They were very helpful with service/information and they all had a pleasant smile. It was a wonderful week-end thanks for your hospitally.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends