“Average Experience”

Ranked #25 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Doha, Qatar
“Average Experience”
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Poor customer service-..overcrowded restaurant during the complimentary morning buffet! Not enough seating for guests..we had to carry back breakfast to the room which was very inconvenient. Refills would either take too long or just wouldn't happen.

Average quality of food at the in house restaurant even though we ordered the recommended chef specials!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank wanderer1408
John M, General Manager at HYATT house San Diego/Sorrento Mesa, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. I do apologize for the poor customer service you recieved.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 858-597-0500

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Greer, South Carolina
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights got little if any sleep, NO A/C no fan told the desk after coming back from dinner late, well suggestion to move rooms doesn't cut it after long plane rides. Made the issue know the next am before leaving for meetings, came back later again after dinner meeting, guess what front desk tells me a story of "well he said he just came down from the room" Yes its fixed,,lmao not even close. You would think they could get their story straight and quite covering for their bad efforts...Would not stay here again, also for the bar: who in their right mind "deep fries" pot stickers?

Room Tip: the only good thing here the showers thats it and size of the flat screen.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank madbeacher2009
John M, General Manager at HYATT house San Diego/Sorrento Mesa, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to give us feedback on your recent stay! I truly apologize for the A/C issues that you had during your stay and please know I am in the process of correcting the issues you experianced during your stay.
Again, thank you for staying with us! If I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 858-597-0500.
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I stayed here for three nights before Christmas and I really liked the clean and spacious room they had. Surrounding are is basically Qualcomm city with several office buildings, but if you are on business trip and visiting Qualcomm or other local businesses, I highly recommend this hotel.

In the mornings I used once the training room and once went out side for a run. I recommend to go out for run since especially in the morning the surrounding are is very quite and you can select from several routes. Training room is good short training session, but it is quite small.

Breakfast was ok.

Rooms air conditioning was quite laud and for some reason it kept turning on even thought I had turned it off. This effected the sleep quality. The bed thought was really nice.

One more things was the lack of digital TV, but I didn't have time for watch TV that much.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
John M, General Manager at HYATT house San Diego/Sorrento Mesa, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to give us feedback on your recent stay! I am delighted that you had a pleasant stay with us and that you found the hotel rooms to be so comfortable and clean!
Raleigh
Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

I was in San Diego for training out near Miramar. This location was close to things and very pleasant. The rooms were VERY spacious with full kitchens and a large living room area. The staff was also great.

• Stayed December 2013
John M, General Manager at HYATT house San Diego/Sorrento Mesa, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Boulder, CO
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Located in the center of the San Diego-Sorrento Valley tech scene, this hotel offers clean rooms (perhaps a bit on the small side), a decent breakfast buffet included with several hot options (including miso and lentil soups which were both pretty tasty).

They also serve dinner and have a bar (I did not try either of these)

Staff is friendly, parking is pretty easy, there is small food court walking distance if you are looking for other dining options.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
John M, General Manager at HYATT house San Diego/Sorrento Mesa, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to give us feedback on your recent stay! I am delighted that you had a pleasant stay with us! I am also delighted that you enjoyed the hotel Morning Spread Breakfast and found the hotel rooms to be so comfortable and clean!
Yucaipa, California
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I had the opportunity to take my wife to San Diego for a weekend and decided to try out the Hyatt House Sorrento Mesa. It turned out to be a great weekend with great food and fun times. The thing that really added to the stay though was the Hotel. I have to say the Hyatt House was a beautiful resort with wonderful rooms. The breakfast was excellent and the staff were very helpful. My hat goes off to the folks at Hyatt for a wonderful weekend experience.

Room Tip: The suites are fabulous.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
John M, General Manager at HYATT house San Diego/Sorrento Mesa, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to give us feedback on your recent stay! I am delighted that you had a pleasant stay with us! I am also delighted that you and your wife enjoyed the hotel Morning Spread Breakfast and found the hotel rooms to be so comfortable!.
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Stayed here one night and it was very nice. The hotel is renovated very tastefully and is comfortable. Also includes free breakfast and wifi. The breakfast was very nice including omelette bar and all. All in all, if you have business in the area, it's highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
John M, General Manager at HYATT house San Diego/Sorrento Mesa, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to give us feedback on your recent stay! I am delighted that you had a pleasant stay with us! I am delighted that you enjoyed the hotel breakfast and made to order omeletes.