“Not Hyatt Quality”

Ranked #25 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
toronto
“Not Hyatt Quality”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel on my vacation to San Diego and we chose this hotel because my wife insisted on a hotel with a kitchen so that my 20 month old kid can have home cooked food.
The hotel is located in a business area 20 mins from downtown/airport. I dont have major complaints but will not stay this far next time unless I have some business close to the hotel.

The Plus:
1) Full Kitchen
2) Free Hot Continental Breakfast ( no complaints)
3) Free Parking
4) Good for large family.

The minus:
1) Not as modern and clean as a Hyatt hotel should be. If you are expecting high quality, I will not stay here.
2) Though we were not making noise, we received a call from guest services twice saying the the guests staying below were complaining. I would rather blame the soundproofing quality the the guests below.
3) San Diego zoo, Sea world, airport etc are close to downtown and this hotel is a minimum of 25 mins from downtown. If you are visiting sea world/downtown and plan to take a nap/break in between, I would live in downtown rather than in this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank arreddy
John M, General Manager at HYATT house San Diego/Sorrento Mesa, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to five us your feedback. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying and found the hotel not to be as clean as other Hyatt's. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Apple Valley, California
Reviewed 16 April 2014

My wife and I stayed in the King Bed Suite, Very, Very Nice room. Like a small apartment. Very Clean and Comfy. My only complaint was the Pillows were Hard, Had trouble sleeping, I will bring my own next time. Other than that, Great Place to stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
John M, General Manager at HYATT house San Diego/Sorrento Mesa, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to give us feedback on your recent stay! I am delighted that you found the hotel location convenient and the rooms to be clean, spacious, and modern.

Again, thank you for staying with us! If I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 858-597-0500.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 14 April 2014

The Hyatt House is a great business hotel, recently renovated, the rooms are very clean, great beds, nice linen, cable TV, big showers, AC blows nice and cold, absolutely perfect. The hotel includes a great breakfast every morning from 7an to 10am.

I was very disturbed that the hotel cut corners and uses non-recyclable Styrofoam dishes and plastic utensils for the breakfast. It makes the hotel look very low end and at the same time pollutes the environment. I felt guilty eating because I knew what I was using would not be recycled. See photos. The hotel has a kitchen with dishes I can only assume they are doing this to save money but it's really bringing down the image of the hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
John M, General Manager at HYATT house San Diego/Sorrento Mesa, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to give us feedback on your recent stay! I am delighted that you had a pleasant stay with us and that you found the hotel rooms to be clean, modern, and efficient. I also would like to thank you about your comment about the hotel using Styrofoam, the hotel is currently looking at using reusable/ recyclable option.

Pasadena, California
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Our soccer team was fortunate to stay at this lovely hotel during a recent tournament, and we were all very impressed. The rooms were spacious and beautifully furnished, including a fully stocked kitchen, modern bathroom with gorgeous shower area, and super-comfortable bed. The breakfast was the best free breakfast we have ever enjoyed, with cooked-to-order omelettes, abundant fresh fruit bar (pineapple, melon, watermelon, bananas, etc.), freshly baked biscuits and scrambled eggs, and even Asian selections such as miso soup, rice, and lentil soup. The workout room was large, with four treadmills and a full weight area. They even offer cocktails and appetizers every day from 5:30-9 (for a nominal charge). Everything was new, modern, clean, and suited our needs perfectly. Staff was friendly and helpful. It was also an excellent value at the group rate. Next time we are in the San Diego area, we will stay at this hotel!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
John M, General Manager at HYATT house San Diego/Sorrento Mesa, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to give us feedback on your recent stay! I am delighted that you had a pleasant stay with us and that you found the hotel to be clean, modern, and that you found the hotel's Morning Spread Bountiful.

Los Altos, California
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I recently stayed at Hyatt House for two nights while visiting Qualcomm and had a great time. The hotel is walking distance to most Qualcomm buidlings which is great since it is hard to find parking. The rooms were recently renovated (so I am told) and were very nice and comfortable.

Everything is well thought of and very modern and convenient. Like the TV has front HDMI, VGA and USB inputs, the kitchen was well stocked and the beds/pillows are nice quality. Surprisingly there was no clock in the room - like an alarm clock or radio etc.

The breakfast was good value as well. Made to order omelette and lots of fresh fruits, cottage cheese and eggs etc. The breads and cereals were also the better variety and not the lower-end all white grain kinds.

The exercise room was recently done and contained spanking new LifeFitness equipment that worked great. Three treadmills, one elliptical and one bike and weights etc.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
John M, General Manager at HYATT house San Diego/Sorrento Mesa, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to give us feedback on your recent stay! I am delighted that you found the hotel location convenient for your business needs and that you found the Morning Spread breakfast so bountiful and appealing!.

Westminster, California
Reviewed 20 March 2014

We like breakfast, many food for select. Full kitchen. It was quiet and modern hotel. Very good for family to stay. We spent time with grandchildren, they come from Kansas City, KS. We had very happy time to live together here.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
John M, General Manager at HYATT house San Diego/Sorrento Mesa, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to give us feedback on your recent stay! I am delighted that you had a peaceful stay with us and that you found the Morning Spread Breakfast so bountiful and appealing!. I am also delighted that you found Hyatt house Sorrento Mesa so nice and clean!

Cumming, Georgia
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We enjoyed a great breakfast which comes with the room. Omelets made to order. Lots of items to eat. Surely should please everyone in your crowd. We had a one bedroom suite with a full kitchen. We did not really use the kitchen but is was nice to have it there if needed. Would have been used had we had our kids with us.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
John M, General Manager at HYATT house San Diego/Sorrento Mesa, responded to this review, 18 March 2014