“Great hotel with Friendly staff!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of HYATT house San Diego/Sorrento Mesa

HYATT house San Diego/Sorrento Mesa
Ranked #25 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Zichron Yaakov, Israel
“Great hotel with Friendly staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

I keep coming back to this hotel 2-3 times a year, every time I visit San Diego for business.

Conveniently located by the Qualcomm campus, the rooms are convenient, breakfast is rich and tasty, and most of all the staff is friendly and helpful, giving you a feeling of home away from home.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
John M, General Manager at HYATT house San Diego/Sorrento Mesa, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to give us feedback on your recent stay! I am delighted that your stay was enjoyable, the staff friendly and that you found the Morning Spread wonderful!

Again, thank you for staying with us! If I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 858-597-0500.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Marietta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

They have it down here, free wireless, breakfast buffet included, shuttles. "Restaurant" food leaves something to be desired, but it's business travel. I did bring dinner in one night and threw the containers in the trash, when I came back the next evening housekeeping had not emptied it which made for an unpleasant odor. I went to the front desk and they took care of it but I was surprised.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front can be susceptible to parking lot noise and lights.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
John M, General Manager at HYATT house San Diego/Sorrento Mesa, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to give us feedback on your recent stay! I am delighted that you enjoyed the Morning Spread and you found the free wireless useful.

I do apologize that your trash was not taken out. Please know I will address with our Housekeeping Staff. Thank you for bringing this to my attention!

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

My first stay wasn't nice, their system was down which effect me. I couldn't check in early and wifi was down. At check out, George Korkar, Assistant general manager apologized for inconvenience and gave a voucher for a free night which I used. The second stay was wonderful. They gave a really nice suite, wifi worked good, breakfast is wonderful. Nice stay, good customer care.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
John M, General Manager at HYATT house San Diego/Sorrento Mesa, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to give us feedback on your recent stay! I am delighted that your second stay was great and that you found the Morning Spread wonderful!

Aurora, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Staying at this hotel over the Memorial day weekend. We checked in yesterday and it's a really nice hotel. Everything is smaller than I expected, the room, the lobby, the pool but it's nice. It's in a business park so nothing is close. The only restaurant besides the hotel's is Chili's. It's very quite in the neighborhood because everyone's off. There's a lot of kids at the hotel but that's expected when the hotel gives out free breakfast. The kids were rowdy last night but security quickly took care of it. Breakfast was good with a lot of variety. I don't know that I would stay again but that's only because of location. Besides that it was fine.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
John M, General Manager at HYATT house San Diego/Sorrento Mesa, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to give us feedback on your recent stay! I am delighted that you had a pleasant stay with us and that you found the hotel to be clean, and modern.

Las Vegas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

I was curious to see if this property and Hyatt brand was up to the test of the Hyatt Place as that brand is excellent. I must say that after staying there for two nights I would give it top billing.

The property is located very central to most attractions in San Diego county and is a quick trip via car to downtown San Diego itself. The price compared to say the Manchester Grand Hyatt is well worth it as parking is included, internet is included and the breakfast offers a wide variety of food choices that typically you would pay $8 -$10+ per person in most restaurants, which is also included in the rate. These amenities make this property a great value before you see the room.
The King Suite is well appointed with perhaps a somewhat sterile but very clean feeling, all new furnishing spacious and a very comfortable bed. The room was very well cleaned by the maid staff and attended to well during our stay. Overall I would give this property 5+ stars and say that it is one of the better Hyatt's that I have stayed in.

As for the styrofoam plates addressed by one of the previous reviewers, on Sunday we did experience this but realized that this was their only alternative as the breakfast was "really busy" and they would not have had and opportunity to keep enough plates in stock for all the patrons getting breakfast thus making people complain that they could not get breakfast due to a lack of plates. On Saturday they did have regular plates though.

Excellent Job!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
John M, General Manager at HYATT house San Diego/Sorrento Mesa, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to give us feedback on your recent stay! I am delighted that you found the hotel location convenient, the rooms to be well appointed and having great value compared to full service hotels.

toronto
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel on my vacation to San Diego and we chose this hotel because my wife insisted on a hotel with a kitchen so that my 20 month old kid can have home cooked food.
The hotel is located in a business area 20 mins from downtown/airport. I dont have major complaints but will not stay this far next time unless I have some business close to the hotel.

The Plus:
1) Full Kitchen
2) Free Hot Continental Breakfast ( no complaints)
3) Free Parking
4) Good for large family.

The minus:
1) Not as modern and clean as a Hyatt hotel should be. If you are expecting high quality, I will not stay here.
2) Though we were not making noise, we received a call from guest services twice saying the the guests staying below were complaining. I would rather blame the soundproofing quality the the guests below.
3) San Diego zoo, Sea world, airport etc are close to downtown and this hotel is a minimum of 25 mins from downtown. If you are visiting sea world/downtown and plan to take a nap/break in between, I would live in downtown rather than in this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank arreddy
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to five us your feedback. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying and found the hotel not to be as clean as other Hyatt's. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Apple Valley, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

My wife and I stayed in the King Bed Suite, Very, Very Nice room. Like a small apartment. Very Clean and Comfy. My only complaint was the Pillows were Hard, Had trouble sleeping, I will bring my own next time. Other than that, Great Place to stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
John M, General Manager at HYATT house San Diego/Sorrento Mesa, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to give us feedback on your recent stay! I am delighted that you found the hotel location convenient and the rooms to be clean, spacious, and modern.