“Amazing stay!”

HYATT house San Diego/Sorrento Mesa
Ranked #20 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
“Amazing stay!”
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel has everything; great customer service, big spacious rooms, a full kitchen with everything you need, hot breakfast buffet, and more. We were traveling with a large group that stayed there between the 16th to the 21st of July and they were able to accommodate us and was very friendly and helpful. All in all we had an amazing stay and hope to travel there again next year! We will definitely recommend to all our family and friends. Thank you for an awesome stay!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
John M, General Manager at HYATT house San Diego/Sorrento Mesa, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to give us feedback on your recent stay! Iam delighted that you found the hotel to be clean, staff friendly, rooms large and the breakfast to be outstanding!

Again, thank you for staying with us! If I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 858-597-0500.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

What a great hotel! I was traveling with teenagers and we were extremely happy with the very spacious king suite. It was great having a full kitchen and a large front room. We had plenty of space to spread out and relax.

The staff was friendly, efficient and happy to help with any issues that popped up. So cool that they even have phone chargers you can borrow! The breakfast was really good too! It was a very nice spread with lots of options and the staff did a wonderful job of keeping the dining area clean and well stocked.

I will definitely be staying at this property again in the future.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to give us feedback on your recent stay! Iam delighted that you found the hotel to be clean, staff friendly, rooms to be spacious and the hotel Morning Spread Breakfast to be excellent!

Costa Mesa, California
Reviewed 16 July 2014

we had the king suite, it's soooooo big, like a apartment, has everything from dishes to dish washer, walk in closet lol, queen size sofa bed(we didn't use it), and bedroom with a king size bed, and shower, it's huge

breakfast was crowed, but the food just keep coming, so don't worry about running low on food or drinks

the pool was great too, it's not too cold on a 70degree day

if you go with a baby you might want to bring a bucket for shower since it has only a shower head

it's close to everything, we went to the children's pool(La Jolla beach) and we saw baby seal up close and personal, so fun

1 Thank MrsZ2008
John M, General Manager at HYATT house San Diego/Sorrento Mesa, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to give us feedback on your recent stay! I am delighted that your stay was enjoyable, the staff friendly, the Complimentary Morning Spread to be bountiful and your room spacious!

Bermuda Dunes, California
Reviewed 10 July 2014

After coming back from an unpleasant stay at another one of Hyatt's properties, this was refreshing. The two gentlemen that greeted me were extremely friendly and helpful (Vince & Thomas?). The kitchen was great, full size everything. The microwave was a convection oven/microwave combo. The bathroom had a shower only with a rain head (again), with low pressure and not enough towel rack space for 4 people. The lighting was very nice, I could actually see myself. The 2 windows had blackout roll down shades. The King size bed was hard and the pillows were down which went flat and hard quickly. I would ask if they have non-down pillows. The blanket/duvet was very light and I was cold. I had 2 extra picnic blankets in the car that I layered on top of myself. The Couch was a pull out that my two children used and hated. Typical small uncomfortable sleeper sofa, which also had only 1 light blanket. We ended up getting another blanket for them. It was very modern in design. The breakfast room was large but dark and well stocked; hot buffet, omelette station, fresh fruit, cold cereal, coffee, juice... The hotel itself is located in a business district, so it was absolutely silent on the weekend nights. There must have been a large family gathering every night at the pool/patio area because it was loud. The pool closes at 10 pm, but security/staff did not make sure to quiet the noisy guests after then. All in All a good place to stay even though I am not a fan of the Hyatt chain.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the courtyard/pool. Do eat the complimentary breakfast. Ask for an extra b...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
John M, General Manager at HYATT house San Diego/Sorrento Mesa, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to give us feedback on your recent stay! I am delighted that your stay was enjoyable, the staff friendly and the Complimentary Morning Spread to be bountiful.

McAllen, Texas
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We stayed at Hyatt House for 6 nights in a king suite and it was great. Our family of 4 had enough room not to feel cramped for such a long stay. The kitchen was great to make meals; an outdoor grill is available in the commons area. The breakfast in the mornings was awesome, there was something for everyone. Laundry is onsite- 2 washers and 4 dryers. The staff was great! We love Hyatt Place and Hyatt House was even better. We will definitely stay at a Hyatt house again and if we go back to San Diego, that will be our hotel.

Room Tip: Our view was of the pool area so we had a balcony. It was great bc I could walk out on the balcony t...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to give us feedback on your recent stay! I am delighted that your stay was enjoyable, the staff friendly and the size of the room was prefect!

San Diego, California
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Stayed during my business trip. Decent hotel, very close to the technology center.
Front desk staff are very friendly.
Their shuttle service to go around places within 5 mi range comes handy.Housekeeping needs improvement.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
John M, General Manager at HYATT house San Diego/Sorrento Mesa, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to give us feedback on your recent stay! I am delighted that your stay was enjoyable, the staff friendly and the location to be convenience for your business needs.

Arcadia, California
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Staff are so friendly and helpful. From front desk to bartender to restaurant chef, they are all very polite and friendly. Complimentary breakfast is above my expectation.
The great service, free wifi, free parking and complimentary breakfast all make me feel like HOME. Will definitely stay again and recommend to my friends.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
John M, General Manager at HYATT house San Diego/Sorrento Mesa, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to give us feedback on your recent stay! I am delighted that your stay was enjoyable, the staff friendly and that you found the Morning Spread wonderful!