“Great stay, comfortable rooms!”

Comfort Suites San Diego Miramar
Ranked #204 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
“Great stay, comfortable rooms!”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

We enjoyed our stay here for about 3 nights. The rooms were nice, spacious, and clean. Beds were comfortable and the main garden area in the middle of the hotel was a nice reminder of the beautiful vacation we were on in SoCal. Only complaint would be the footsteps we heard above us. Sometimes rather noisy - I suspect young children. However, we were so worn out that it did not keep us up. Breakfast was nice - about what you'd expect from Comfort Suites. Only complaint would be parking. There is not much and the lot was often filled up when we returned at night. Overall it is in a good neighborhood, easy access to the highway, and well kept.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Anthony P, Manager at Comfort Suites San Diego Miramar, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
We are happy that your stay was so enjoyable. Since we are so centrally located we get a lot of different travelers from corporate to leisure which all love the courtyard and breakfast. With high occupancy I know that the parking lot does get full. I wanted to make sure that you were also aware that there is another lot on the back side of the hotel too. It can be easily missed. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Vancouver
Reviewed 25 February 2014

The room was fine ... we were on the top floor so no stomping from any other room above.
The good:
- convenient and central to all attractions (i.e., middle way for seaworld, legoland etc).
- food near by
- happy hour hosted by the hotel GM
- friendly staff
- very hard bed ... which we like.

The bad:
- was disappointed as the hotel claimed renovation ... so booked for a king suite. Upon entry, it was not renovated. Confronted manager on duty and was advised that the reno was only done on the 2 double bed rooms and not the king rooms.
- lots of sand in the hot-tub and pool.
-parking can be a hassle if coming back late, as the lot is shared w/ the adjacent Holiday Inn Express.

Room Tip: If you want a newer / renovated room, get the 2 double bed rooms instead of the king room/sofa bed.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Anthony P, Manager at Comfort Suites San Diego Miramar, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
It was a pleasure having you stay with us. I am sorry that you were not told before hand that only the double beds had been renovated. We are currently in transition to renovate the other half of the hotel once plans have been approved. I hope when you return, you can try the newly renovated rooms, which are a big success to the our guests. Thank you for taking your time to use TripAdvisor.
Hacienda Heights
Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a family visit and to do some shopping at the military base. The check in was quick and if you are a Rewards member they give you a little goody bag at check in. The room was nice and clean and the bed and pillows were very comfy. There are many restaurants close by and even a movie theater. We will be staying here when we visit again.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Anthony P, Manager at Comfort Suites San Diego Miramar, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
I am happy that this location was perfect for you. Thank you so much for your positive review. It means so much to the team. We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Sandy, Utah
Reviewed 7 February 2014

The room was fine and unconventional for a Comfort Suites. The room was a more like a suite than most of the brand. My only real complaint was the internet, which was really poor. I rebooted asked the desk to reset the router, but nothing helped. Other than that, the room was clean, well appointed and comfortable. The bed was excellent as was the shower.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Anthony P, Manager at Comfort Suites San Diego Miramar, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Thank your for your review. It helps us greatly to see how we are doing. I can add that we are in the process of getting different internet service and should you decide to visit us again, I can guarantee you will see a big difference. We appreciate your comments and hope to see you again.
Ventura, California
Reviewed 4 February 2014

As team manager of a soccer team it was my responsibility to look into hotels for an upcoming tournament they would be playing in. After comparing quite a few hotels, I had narrowed it down to a couple. When calling to get more info about the Comfort Suites, obviously one of my choices, I was advised to contact the group sales director,Linnet. I left her a message when I did not reach her and she called me back within a few hours. She was absolutely amazing and helped me with the entire process. This was my first time booking rooms for so many and I endless questions, sent her so many emails, called her at least 20x, & made changes to room types. She was always patient with me & helped however she could. The hotel gave us a great discount considering how nice the rooms were. Parents approached me a number of times to tell me they couldn't believe the price with all the amenities and extras included.
The rooms were spacious, the beds were comfy, the microwave and fridge came in handy. The walls weren't super thin and the location was in a great area. A little busy, but it's San Diego! Everywhere is busy! Wish the internet worked a little faster but that wasn't a deal breaker with all the positives the stay had!! We took full advantage of the free breakfast both mornings, being a little of a nuisance I'd say. One morning we had to be up and out before it started and the staff was so accommodating to us, they let us run in and grab and go so the girls didn't play on an empty stomach. The other morning we rushed in right before it ended and the one sole lady did her best to replenish everything so we could enjoy a good meal. Bless her heart, she even helped us all make waffles :)
I really can't say enough good things about our stay! The staff was also so helpful, always greeted us, and seemed to be completely understanding of the 16 tweenage girls walking around the hotel being girls. We will def stay here again when we travel out to San Diego for future tournaments and highly recommend this hotel for anyone looking to have a nice stay! Close to great restaurants, shopping, etc...

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jamie G
I will make sure to let Linnet know how happy you were with the accommodations provided. In the past we have hosted many sports groups and they have all been positive. We hope next years soccer tournament you decide to see us again. Thank you.
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Service was superior. While Lyn was checking me in, another front desk gentleman was so concerned about greeting me as well, he didn't notice one of their own employees needing assistance with holding a door. My point is the atmosphere here is welcoming and contagious that it seemed to rub off on the guests here, which was quite evident. Kristine was very courteous and promptly changed my room when I quickly noticed the room above me creaked when someone walked. I've seen what others have wrote about noise and would agree but also feel that it was how my experience was handled that impressed me. The noise is the only reason I didn't give an overall rating of 5. Look forward to staying here again and enjoying good conversation.

Room Tip: Ask for a 4th floor room
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
I will make sure the inform the staff that you were impressed with there service and how efficiently they handled anything that came there way. We thank you for taking the time to reviewing us on our hotel and look forward to your next visit.
Escondido, California
Reviewed 9 January 2014

We recently stayed for 6 nights at this hotel and found it to be okay.The hotel is conveniently located off of I-15, so the location was good for us. The front desk staff was kind and helpful, the courtyard with the swimming pool was nice, and the rooms have somewhat been updated. As another reviewer mentioned, we ran into our fair share of annoyances during our stay. We had a King suite with a separate living room area with microwave and refrigerator. Upon arrival in our room we found that we only had been given two wash cloths. No hand towels, no bath towels. After contacting the front desk, they informed us a washer was down and quickly brought us towels, but we continued to be shorted on the towels throughout the week and had to request additional towels of one kind or another throughout the week as the housekeepers would pick and choose which ones to take from our room and which ones they left. We were on the third floor and while we did not notice the traffic noise we heard every noise from every room above us and next to us. The ceiling squeaked and you could hear every time the people in the room above us took a step. This became annoying late at night and early in the morning when trying to sleep. The bed was okay but felt to be sunken in somewhat. The hot tub was nice but was a little bit on the cool side for a hot tub. As with most hotels, the wireless internet was horribly slow. Overall, it wasn't a horrible stay by any means, but it wasn't great either. We would probably look into other hotel options if we needed to stay in the area again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Anthony P, Manager at Comfort Suites San Diego Miramar, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to in writing a review with Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. I would like to add that we are in the transition of getting new cable and internet service that will greatly enhance the reception and speed. We hope that you will give us another chance when you are choosing a hotel in this area. Please feel free to contact me.